X-Dates: Cold Call Stats with Results, Good or Bad.

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a lot of questions for those who have had success with X-Dates. I tend to be wordy so I will try to be direct. You don't have to answer all these questions.

-Assume you are calling March 2016, 2015 and 2014 or 3 years back from whatever month we are in and making calls for renewals in just that month...how many dials typically between 5pm-8pm to generate a solid lead/quote? 1:10, 1:15, 1:20?

-How many warm bodies do you need to speak with to generate a quote or take it from a cold call to at least lukewarm? 1:5, 1:4, 1:3?

-How many quotes/leads do you have to generate in order to bind 1 homeowner's policy? Be honest, thanks.

-Assume you are dealing with an avg of about $2,000-$3,000 per year, some much higher and many others slightly lower. This office does not encourage any homeowner policies under 1,500 a year in premium...shocking I know.

-What could a focused agent working the phones heavy from 6-8, 3 nights a week plus Sat Morn...how much premium do you think one agent should generate?

-Thank You for any and all help.

If you're blindly calling homeowners at random you should generate around a bit lead an hour if that helps.

If you're blindly calling homeowners at random you should generate around a bit lead an hour if that helps.
And you can probably get that up to 2-3 per hour if you're willing to door knock. I got 8 in two hours yesterday.

And you can probably get that up to 2-3 per hour if you're willing to door knock. I got 8 in two hours yesterday.

Howdy DoorKnocker,

This future agent promises to try door knocking but for P&C I think targeting X-Dates via the phone the month prior is smart. I'm trying to gauge how much success some folks have.

I could door knock in some areas during the day but from 6-8 at night, my time personally is best spent on the phone whether you believe that or not. I also have mad respect for what you do and like how you encourage people to get out of their comfort zone. Who knows how much direct premium can be attributed to your encouragement over the years? I'm sure it's a lot :yes:

----------

X-Dates 1-3 years back, ratio of converted calls to a lukewarm quote have got to be decent if and when they pick up the phone.

Howdy DoorKnocker,

This future agent promises to try door knocking but for P&C I think targeting X-Dates via the phone the month prior is smart. I'm trying to gauge how much success some folks have.

I could door knock in some areas during the day but from 6-8 at night, my time personally is best spent on the phone whether you believe that or not. I also have mad respect for what you do and like how you encourage people to get out of their comfort zone. Who knows how much direct premium can be attributed to your encouragement over the years? I'm sure it's a lot :yes:

----------

X-Dates 1-3 years back, ratio of converted calls to a lukewarm quote have got to be decent if and when they pick up the phone.

My avg is 100 dials for 10 contacts, 10 contacts for 1 quote. Typically 1 household per hour. HOME/Auto.

My avg is 100 dials for 10 contacts, 10 contacts for 1 quote. Typically 1 household per hour. HOME/Auto.

Awesome, so my next question is this. Are you calling 100 X-Dates to make 10 contacts and 1 quote?

1 per hour during 5-8PM X-Dates? Sounds about right?

Howdy DoorKnocker,

curious...why dont you just get your license and begin selling?

I am working on it. You have to sit thru 200 hours for the P&C, even online you have to sit for 200 hours...it takes time while you are also working but yeah part of me is ready to shut it down for 2-3 weeks and hammer this out.

8 hours a day and it would still take about a month and a half. Maybe other states are different.

----------

;)

I understand

Passed on Monday, only was registered for the state mandated school requirements of 200 HOURS a couple weeks ago. I used your post as motivation to compress time frames. I wanted to personally thank you.

-Thank You!

Back