$#%@ Yahoo Geocities

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
So, I finally decided to make a website.

I have had a free site that I have not promoted, but wanted an informational page for clients and potential clients.

So, my domain is

index

Yahoo has a very easy building tool since I have no HTML or other site building experience.

I have done several pages with the page builder tool and they never save. GRRR!!!! I have wasted 4 hours messing with the $#%^ing program and I am still at square one.

I have emailed yahoo expressing my concern and am waiting for a reply. But in the mean time, who do you use and did you do it yourself?

Thanks!

I have had a free site that I have not promoted, but wanted an informational page for clients and potential clients.

So, my domain is

index

Yahoo has a very easy building tool since I have no HTML or other site building experience.

I have done several pages with the page builder tool and they never save. GRRR!!!! I have wasted 4 hours messing with the $#%^ing program and I am still at square one.

I have emailed yahoo expressing my concern and am waiting for a reply. But in the mean time, who do you use and did you do it yourself?

Thanks!

I buy my domains through godaddy and have used google apps to design my websites. Their not as flashy as they couldbe , but they get the point across.

Blue Voda is also fun and it's free.

So, my domain is

index

Thanks!

Looks good so far... just a suggestion, I would hyperlink my email address to an image or text. Spammers use software to automatically farm email addresses from the internet and you may start to receive plenty of spam if that happens.

Al D.

"If you want a quoter in your site ck out Insurance Squared Inc.. Glenn is owner of this service and is a quality guy and the site is easy to maintain and swap out content......."

I admit I know very little about Insurance Squared Inc. But two different people in my office (as stated in our monthly newsletter) were not happy with them. Granted, there may have been 10 others that were happy and didn't speak up.

Html/css is KING...

stats shows that a professional looking site with decent content brings more to the table for YOUR business.

it's not that hard to learn coding if you simply take BABY steps to learn the system...

the other option is to hire a web designer if you don't mind paying a fee for his service...

Go HTML

Thanks for your advise!

I decided to start small and simple. It is still a work in progress, but it is mainly for 2 things:

1. An online presence
2. Basic info for people I do not sell on the first sitting to have somewhere to go for some info

I realized that a lot of T65 folks have internet access, as opposed to my 75+ crowd that do not. At least I can hand the T65ers my card and tell them to check out my site for info. That may me in their mind after I leave for referrals and additional sales.

I used google page builder (thanks Salpro22). I had all the pages up and running in about 45 minutes.

mymidwestbroker.com

Thanks for your advise!

I decided to start small and simple. It is still a work in progress, but it is mainly for 2 things:

1. An online presence
2. Basic info for people I do not sell on the first sitting to have somewhere to go for some info

I realized that a lot of T65 folks have internet access, as opposed to my 75+ crowd that do not. At least I can hand the T65ers my card and tell them to check out my site for info. That may me in their mind after I leave for referrals and additional sales.

I used google page builder (thanks Salpro22). I had all the pages up and running in about 45 minutes.

mymidwestbroker.com

You're a quite welcome. The site looks good. I especially like the quote on the home page. There are tons of things that can be done on a site to make it "fun."

I'm currently working on a game that allows clients to shoot missiles and bullets at various insurance companies. Compliance hasn't gotten back to me yet, but we'll see :)

Back