Yellow Page Ad

nadylime

Expert
Florida
Can some of the P&C guys give me some feedback on how effective a yellow page ad is?

I'm looking at buying a full page ad in a market with around 100,000 people & am curious if anyone else has had good success with this.

Thanks.

In my opinion that would be a huge waste of money. You should get a decent website and do some online advertising or buy leads. I assume cost has come down on those but still not the best place for your advertising dollar in today's world.

I'm sure there has been a drastic drop in yellow page use over the last few years.

I was hoping for some feedback from some agents that have had an ad in the last year....

In my opinion that would be a huge waste of money. You should get a decent website and do some online advertising or buy leads. I assume cost has come down on those but still not the best place for your advertising dollar in today's world.

Yellow pages is not a place where I would spend much money. Besides daubling in insurance I own a retail automotive repair franchise. At the advise of the Franchisor we have been steadly cutting back on the dollars spent on yellow pages the last few years. We used to spend about $12,000 per year and now it is about $7,000. Money now goes to internet marketing instead. Yellow pages are now primarily used by the people who do not have internet access or who are technologically challenged. These groups tend to be poorer and older. Do you think anyone carrying a smart phone is ever going to use the Yellow Pages?

I did away with Yellow pages long time ago.

And get this.

The other day when I got home, as I pulled into the driveway I noticed a bright yellowish/greenish bag with 2 Yellow Pages in it. As I made my way inside the house I picked up the bag and promptly threw it in the garbage container.

Now of course I am 33 years old and my wife is 34 and we are used to "googling" when we need to find something so pay no attention to us because I am sure we are the only thirty-somethings that do that.............

NOT!

In the past 2 years I have used the phonebook a grand total of 2 times...Both of those times it was to look up the tech support line of my ISP when my DSL line wasn't working...Any other time I look up info I google it.

Having said this if I was a P&C agent selling home owners and car insurance I think I would have some yellow page presence just for the people out there that still use the phone book.

Thanks for the input guys - I do all the internet stuff & I haven't been living in a cave for the last 10 years....I'm just wondering if there is still a place for the yellow pages as well.

As I made my way inside the house I picked up the bag and promptly threw it in the garbage container.

Same thing happened to me a week or so ago...

I have had an ad in the yellow pages for years. Of the one or two calls per year it generates, they are either calling from a payphone or don't speak English. In either case, they are normally completely uninsurable.

Back