Yet to See Indy Companies Beating Captive

companies on anything except work comp.

I'd have to say the complete opposite, I've replaced a lot of captive agent's personal lines policies. In commercial, I havn't run into a captives policy yet that I didn't beat.

Maybe your area is different.

Maybe in your area the captives are competitive. For clean/preferred business (no more than one incident) I close over 80% and the same with non-standard (3+ tickets, accidents, or DUIs) with my indy carriers.

It seems the Allstates and State Farms of the world are competitive in 2-3 incident households which is fine with me. On home insurance and commercial the captives can't compete in the DC area.

Here in Southern California, I have maybe run across 1 or 2 policies (from a captive company) that I have not been able to beat in the last 2 years.

Both sides certainly have their advantages. Indies can offer multiple quotes from multiple carriers. A win, and certainly a selling point!

Captives can offer their best price, and hope it beats the Indy's. But, then the Indy comes back with a lower quote. All the Captive has to say to the prospect is, "why didn't they have you at that price before, especially when they said part of their value is finding you the lowest price?"

You see, both sides have their advantages...:):)

get some more competitive carriers.....

why do captive agents become IA? to write buisness.

typical homeowner
cotton states $875
(country financial)
famers $1000
metlife $1100
travelers $1200
safeco $1400
encompass $1700
and allstate
state farm $1800

rural alabama
same scenario with BOPs :swoon:

I work for a captives, its hard to beat indy on price. This is my first year which I am finding out price is king. People are no so concern about coverages in this economy. Are there any good mentors, trainers, books, website in improving your skills in selling P/C insurance just curious.

insurance commander
the wedge
power position
all on amazon.com

Back