Yoast Alphabet Soup Tool

Jun 27, 2019

1. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Ever wonder what people are searching for so you can write about it? In topic analysis, you could buy keyword analytics tool, or just use the autocomplete function on Gmail with Ubersuggest and keywords everywhere extension.

To make the autocomplete method easier, Yoast developed a tool:

www.yoast.com/suggest

2. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for sharing. I might give that a shot.

Here is what I normally do. Search a term such as "medicare supplement insurance"

That one gets 21M results. Not bad, but variations might get more. Some phrases exceed 100M results

I scroll past the paid ads to see who is ranking and for what keyword phrases

Also look at the "People also ask . . ." to get ideas for keyword phrases

Phrases that ask a question such as How, Where, Why, etc are usually good choices

Seems I often fumble for other ways to say/write the KW phrase. The Yoast tool can be a big help.

somarco, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Also, you can drill down further.

Example:
    Medicare Supplements is first kw.

It brings up

Medicare Supplements and hearing aids

Type that as your kw:

AARP Medicare supplement hearing aid coverage.

So we know that AARP customers are searching about hearing aids for their plan. We can target that specifically.

I do look at kw difficulty, but largely ignore kw search quantity at

www.neilpatel.com/Ubersuggest

If also gives you all the data that most paid kw providers give.

Then I look at the articles. Unfortunately, in our space, we're fighting against AARP and BCBS directly.

In the life insurance space, you're usually competing with other agents, which is easier.

4. TheAnnuityExpert

TheAnnuityExpert New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ubersuggest is great for keywords, but the data is off sometimes. I think Neil Patel is constantly tweaking the tool. Moz is good way to check domain authority.

Moz.com

5. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    I don't really use KW search. I use Yoast for autocomplete to see what people actually are searching for.

I do use Ubersuggest to find topics that aren't usually written about from my competition that get traffic.

DA score is a bit silly, honestly. I only use it when I answer HARO inquires. Otherwise, I'm always going up against .govs or DA 70's.

I'm much more competitive in local and state search. I initially thought I was going to sell nationwide and have a few additional licenses, but I'd decided to stay largely local