you are a scammer if you sell UL and WL

I think agents who hide the fact that they are selling life insurance, and hide behind misleading terms of any kind, are scammers. I think if you, as an agent, are using life insurance or disability insurance in the correct way and explaining the protection aspects, and explaining that it is insurance, you are fine. Dave Ramsey tries to say that WL is wrong at all times, and that just is not always the case. Sometimes people need life insurance for a "final expense" type need, { there's another term to hide behind } and WL does a fine job of filling this need most of the time. I have seen small term policies or "no cash value whole life" as well, which also may fill this need. I do not think that all WL and UL policies are necessarily scams, nor do I think filling a need of protecting a mortgage upon premature death through term life- is a bad thing. I think the hiding and concealing of facts is indeed wrong. I have been in meetings with "mortgage protection" companies where they told me I was never ever to use the term "life insurance" around prospects. It would scare them off, or so the MP guys said.

Back