You Ever Done Something So Dumg You Could Kick Yourself?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
FL--Wrote a 68 year old who smoked those 305 filtered cigars, looked like cigarettes to me, and has COPD a $5000WL with Americo. When I asked his H/W he said 6' and about 120#. I knew he looked mighty slim, but didn't think about looking at guidelines before I submitted the application. He was offered a UPIII because the minimum is 122#. Now I have to get a doctors note or go with another company. Does GW accept COPD immediate? LBL and Transamerica are a substantially higher premium.

The reason I mentioned those 305 filtered cigars is because the underwriter at Americo told me that is not a cigarette and someone who smoked them would qualify as a no-tobacco rate.

You Ever Done Something So Dumg You Could Kick Yourself?

Like how you spelled dumb?:D

The reason I mentioned those 305 filtered cigars is because the underwriter at Americo told me that is not a cigarette and someone who smoked them would qualify as a no-tobacco rate.

Can't imagine how. I found this:

305's cigars are made by Dosal Tobacco, which is the same company that also produces 305's Cigarettes, Competidora, and many other tobacco products. This is the very first line of filtered cigars for the Miami, FL company, and one of their top-selling products as well. 305's are made using the highest quality tobaccos and premium filters. There is a variety of sizes and flavors available from this American made company which allows smokers to choose the cigar that they are sure to appreciate and enjoy. Customers who have smoked 305's in the past like this brand of cigars because they do not leave behind a strong taste, they are very affordable, and because they are made using some of the very best tobacco in the world.

Look at how many times tobacco is mentioned.

Maybe you need to get it in writing from that underwriter.

Some companies specify "cigarette" smoking.. If that be the case then the 305 cigar smoker would be considered for that company's non tobacco rate. You have to read the question on the application as written.

Americo is non tobacco rate for cigars, pipes and chewers.

They do count eCigs as smoker. Equitable includes eCigs as non tobacco.

But what I did when I wrote Americo is put it on the app in the comments section that were a pipe skmoer or cigar smoker, etc.

And I made copies of Americo's advertisement that they non tobacco for those people and let that with those applicants. That was to fend off the competing agents that told them it had been misrepresented.

Did that once, never again. Probably would have been rated on UP anyway, there is no logic to that product.

I guess you have never hit the wrong key?

After 40 years in this business it seems that I am making some errors that could have been avoided. Last year I checked yes to tobacco use on a Foresters app and the applicant didn't smoke. Had to write her with another company. Then last week I should have checked the minimum weight of an applicant before submitting. Maybe it is time to retire.

FL--Wrote a 68 year old who smoked those 305 filtered cigars, looked like cigarettes to me, and has COPD a $5000WL with Americo. When I asked his H/W he said 6' and about 120#. I knew he looked mighty slim, but didn't think about looking at guidelines before I submitted the application. He was offered a UPIII because the minimum is 122#. Now I have to get a doctors note or go with another company. Does GW accept COPD immediate? LBL and Transamerica are a substantially higher premium.

Equitable? Accept COPD and Cigars as non tobacky

After 40 years in this business it seems that I am making some errors that could have been avoided. Last year I checked yes to tobacco use on a Foresters app and the applicant didn't smoke. Had to write her with another company. Then last week I should have checked the minimum weight of an applicant before submitting. Maybe it is time to retire.

Only three of that type of mistake in 2 years? What are you complaining about? You are beating yourself up too much, majoring in the minors. :yes:

After 40 years in this business it seems that I am making some errors that could have been avoided.

The only reason you're making more mistakes than ever is because you're making more sales than ever.... enjoy!

Back