You have to be kidding me

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Well, no good deed...

They had Mega, set the appointment, went to see 'em. Only live about 15 minutes from me. I showed them the differences between Mega and GR - sold them GR.

Now I get this literally minutes ago. Absolutely unbelievable. Some people you just can't help.

emailys3.jpg

Well, no good deed...

They had Mega, set the appointment, went to see 'em. Only live about 15 minutes from me. I showed them the differences between Mega and GR - sold them GR.

Now I get this literally minutes ago. Absolutely unbelievable. Some people you just can't help.

emailys3.jpg

At least with the GR plan you sold them it's going towards their annual deductable.

The Mega plans can be sold with the accident rider that covers up to $1500 per accident. If they did not have that then on the Mega plan they were on it was going towards a per incident deductable.

And of course we all know that after 4 weeks of signing the contract a lot of clients now have what I call selective hearing. "YOU SAID WE WERE COVERED 100% FOR EVERYTHING! Uhm...... why the hell would I say that?
:err:

If the GR plans are the same in Maryland as they are in Georgia, I can understand why they'd be a little upset (not necessarily with you assuming you explained that benefit). It's ridiculous that they would design a plan with an additional copay for ER on top of the deductible. I mean, who wants to pay $1,000 towards the deductible PLUS and additional copay for an ER visit. I understand why they design it that way, but they have to realize the mindset of the general public. The only GR and Humana plans I will sell are the QHDH plans. At least that way they know they are out of pocket until they reach the deductible.

I'm sure the GR plan runs circles around the MEGA plan, but perception is reality to the customer. And their perception, no matter how skewed, is that the MEGA plan is better for them. Looks like you've got another sells job to do or you lose the business.

Good luck.

This is a big difference between IFP and Group - ER Co pays are hard to come by in the IFP market. People do not understand the definition of a DEDUCTIBLE which essentially is "nothing covered until deductible is met..."

...except...

Office visit co pays (usually just consultation), usually RX, and usually some preventative. The "except" part is the confusion.

Also looking at most IFP brochures is will say ER is $100 CO-PAY or similar yet it fails to mention "after deductible..."

Her 3rd grade grammar is a dead give away - she wants catastrophic, yet 100% coverage - I hear this all the time.

Well I just got off the phone and all's well. They still had the Mega brochure and I reviewed their ER benefit with the $1,500 cap.

They're just pissed that they have to pay their premium and bills on top of it. I told 'em I could sell them any PPO plan in MD and nothing has a ER copay. They're fine - gonna keep it but still not happy.

All I have to pay for is the premiums, right? No additional charges after that, right?

Welcome to Hilderbeast care...

Well I just got off the phone and all's well. They still had the Mega brochure and I reviewed their ER benefit with the $1,500 cap.

They're just pissed that they have to pay their premium and bills on top of it. I told 'em I could sell them any PPO plan in MD and nothing has a ER copay. They're fine - gonna keep it but still not happy.

How bright can they be - they bought Mega didn't they?

Seriously, to some of these jamokes, a $700 ER bill IS "catastrophic".

I like to remind them that a $20,000 angioplasty will certainly wreck their weekend.

THAT'S what you buy the insurance for.

How bright can they be?

"we are really disappointment" kinda sums it up. Just because you run a business doesn't mean you're bright.

don't you tell your clients how ppo discounts and deductibles work......

Back