You Know what Grinds my Gears? The Term "full Coverage"?

ncagent83

Expert
I've had many people tell me they have full coverage, mainly on their auto. I usually ask them to define their meaning of full coverage. I take it as they want everything, phys dam, T&L, rental, etc. Then many of them snap back saying they only want liability and phys dam. That's not full coverage. Then they get mad that they can't get coverage on a towing or rental claim and you have to remind them they denied it at POS. PEOPLE!!

*Quietly steps off soapbox*

Last edited:
When this is brought up here in PA I always have to stop & explain the difference between "full coverage" and "full tort". I really wish limited tort wasn't an option here

This is even worse.

Its a constant issue in my area where everyone thinks rental car coverage is for anytime they think they need or want Enterprise rent a car to pick them up and give them a car to drive. Now every time I explain in detail it is for covered losses.

First time it happened this guy calls me early in the morning talking about he is late for work and his car won't start. I gave him the roadside assistance number then he starts asking how long to enterprise picks him up. Then there was the girl with bald tires wanting to go out of town got pissed at me when I explained we are not giving her a rental and she needs to go buy some tires.

BUMS!!!! Stupid moron *** BUMS! People creating their own unrealistic expectations about how they THINK things should work...and they're too stupid to realize they're not equipped to be creating expectations in the first place.

My definition of stupid.

I have my own expectations of how many things work, just like my customers do about insurance, and mine aren't all accurate. I'm just happy when they are willing to listen to me explain things. It's those that aren't willing to trust & listen to me that I have a problem with.

I have my own expectations of how many things work, just like my customers do about insurance, and mine aren't all accurate. I'm just happy when they are willing to listen to me explain things. It's those that aren't willing to trust & listen to me that I have a problem with.

Then they are not your kind of client, move on and go to the next one

BUMS!!!! Stupid moron *** BUMS! People creating their own unrealistic expectations about how they THINK things should work...and they're too stupid to realize they're not equipped to be creating expectations in the first place.

My definition of stupid.

I agree.

Agents really should know better and not have all these unrealistic expectations.

I buy rental car coverage, it should cover my rental car. I have full coverage, it should replace my tires. I couldn't have said it better, agents are Stupid moron *** BUMS!

Oh, thats not what you meant???

When this is brought up here in PA I always have to stop & explain the difference between "full coverage" and "full tort". I really wish limited tort wasn't an option here

Ughhhhhh I have to do this all the time. Especially in Philadelphia.

I always ask do you know what tort is?? They never know...

Ughhhhhh I have to do this all the time. Especially in Philadelphia.

I always ask do you know what tort is?? They never know...

The best is when they swear they have full coverage and full tort but get pissed off when you rate them and come back with something over $87/month that they're paying Erie.

like seriously?!?!

Or even better I had this one guy, lived chester county. Back on his rent, car payment, life insurance payments, had $40 for 2 weeks worth of gas and food. Had a state min policy with Geico paying $60-something per month and was determined to keep his car insured cause it was important and the responsible thing to do but yet when I quoted him through progressive at $34.54/month with a down payment of like $41 he couldn't do it and cried about it. But then 2 days later paid geico.. really?

so long story stort... i've come to the conclusion people are stupid. :D:D:D

What about when contractors are "full insured"? I love watching my colleagues get their feathers ruffled over that one. I just try to understand where the customer comes form in both instances. Serves me better.

Back