You Say the Single Payer System is the Answer....Think Again!

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
“We thought dual therapy was the best chance of prolonging Clare’s life, of keeping the cancer at bay for as long as possible in the hope of them finding another new treatment,” Michael McNally, Daly’s brother, told Liverpool Echo. “It isn’t funded by the NHS (National Health Services) so we started to fundraise, but it was just too late.”

Fox News

She was eligible for treatment that's proven to work, but chose to not take that treatment. Instead, she attempted to fund raise to pay for something not yet proven.

The combo's aren't proven to work, or approved, pretty much everywhere. Even if the individual drugs are approved, the combination is not, and health insurance likely wouldn't cover it either.

Not to mention, the combos are shown to have no positive effect in a significant amount of patients, and have some "severe side effects" they won't mention, which usually means the treatment killed the patient.

Cancer immunotherapy is helping one of my female clients stay in remission, since her cancer returned.She is doing fine now. The facility is Oncologia Molecular in Cd Obregon, Sonora Mexico. The international medical insurer will be reimbursing the claim.

April 26, 2016

Re: Obamacare Continues Death Spiral as Britain's NHS Faces Strike

This is insane! Britain is going to start forcing doctors to work until 10pm every weekday. Right now, they're allowed to leave their offices and hospitals early... at 7pm. They will also have to work every Saturday as well. From 7am to "only" 5pm.

Doesn't take much in the way of common sense to realize that the number of medical slip-ups will explode. I don't think malpractice patients, or families of the deceased, can sue the Britain National Health System can they?

This is what's coming to America, if a common-sense health insurance system isn't ready to go before the ObamaCare/ACA reactor suffers melt-down.

April 26, 2016

Re: Obamacare Continues Death Spiral as Britain's NHS Faces Strike

This is insane! Britain is going to start forcing doctors to work until 10pm every weekday. Right now, they're allowed to leave their offices and hospitals early... at 7pm. They will also have to work every Saturday as well. From 7am to "only" 5pm.

Doesn't take much in the way of common sense to realize that the number of medical slip-ups will explode. I don't think malpractice patients, or families of the deceased, can sue the Britain National Health System can they?

This is what's coming to America, if a common-sense health insurance system isn't ready to go before the ObamaCare/ACA reactor suffers melt-down.

Regarding your "Doesn't take much in the way of common sense to realize that the number of medical slip-ups will explode.", how about the following statement recently printed on a reputable source in the "land of the free":
"Medical mistakes — from surgical disasters to accidental drug overdoses — are the No. 3 cause of death in the U.S., behind cancer and heart disease, two experts argued Wednesday.
They said a careful count of all deaths from preventable medical errors shows between 200,000 and 400,000 people a year die in the U.S. from these mistakes. The only way to get the country to do something about them is to start counting them, Dr. Martin Makary and Michael Daniel of Johns Hopkins University medical school argued. "
And the above is with free golf days, limited scheduling, no calls to personal phones etc, etc.

They said a careful count of all deaths from preventable medical errors shows between 200,000 and 400,000 people a year die in the U.S. from these mistakes. The only way to get the country to do something about them is to start counting them, Dr. Martin Makary and Michael Daniel of Johns Hopkins University medical school argued. "

This is a very interesting statistic. Now, realize my sister in law runs the investigation into these 'errors' for a few hospitals and I've had lengthy discussions with her about this.

The real question is did the error change the outcome? The usual answer is no, but it was still an error. In a nutshell, the error wasn't caused by someone healthy going to the ER and then dying, it was caused by someone in critical condition needing very urgent care. In many cases, the initial trauma or illness would lead to the same result, but a person may have died from minutes to a month prior to when it would have happened anyway.

I'd be interested to see if this third leading cause of death is different, or if its trying to just compound a problem.

Dan

Being on medicine and not drinking enough water, effectively dehydration is a contributing factor to premature death.

Back