You Still Think Ehealth Is No Competition? Wake Up People!!!

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Ok, think back to prior post regarding comments made by some members of this site regarding ehealthinsurance and they not being competition. I stated at that time that they were killing off each and every one of us via having relationships with lead venders. These are the results of only one insurance company in Texas, and only reflect Texas sales, also the results are for 5 months!!

Fear the "E"..... I rest my case!!

Agent Name
City
July 2007 through December 2007
Ranking
eHealthInsurance Services
Gold River
1​
Managed Care Marketing Corporation
The Woodlands
2​
Arif Rahim
Houston
3​
Jeff Branscome
Houston
4​
Alkali LLC
Frisco
5​
Ben Warthan
San Antonio
6​
JME Insurance Agency and Investments
Dallas
7​
Texas Medical Plans
Wimberley
8​
Mike Symons Insurance Agency
Addison
9​
Jeffrey D Schaffer
Fort Worth
11​
Painter and Johnson Associates
Brownwood
12​
Allred Thompson Mason Daugherty Insurance
Wichita Falls
13​
Doug Coursey
Arlington
14​
ALJ Avery and Associates
Odessa
15​
Chad McLane
Tomball
16​
John Wynn
Lufkin
17​
TXInsurance.com Agency
Katy
19​
Billy S Long
Willow Park
20​
Larry Dylla
Spring
21​
Victoria Henly
San Augustine
22​
Craig Schoen
Katy
23​
Steve Herbert
Bellaire
24​
Jose Feliciano
Tyler
25​
Deborah S Martin
Lindale
26​
A G Insurance Agencies
Fort Worth
27​
Hubert W McMinn Jr.
Waller
28​
Jaimie Robert Marino
Irving
29​
Stateside Insurance Services
Austin
30​
Bowman and Bowman Consultants
Plano
31​
Kent T Calhoun
McKinney
32​
Steven Bell
Arlington
32​
Brian Rhames
Houston
32​
Diana S Zertuche
Del Rio
35​
Sewell Martin
Houston
36​
Falconsure Inc
Laredo
38​
Richard M Mayer
Plano
38​
US Benefits Group
Chicago
38​
Nitsche and Ferguson Insurance Agency
Giddings
38​
Don Hutcherson
Denton
38​
Harry B Brown
Houston
43​
The Ashmore Agency - Lubbock
Lubbock
43​
Kevin Lee
Dallas
43​
Compass Insurance Agency
San Antonio
46​
Anco Insurance - Bryan/College Station
Bryan
46​
Jesse Rubio
Rockwall
48​
Gary Smithey
Houston
49​
Harry Dao Insurance Agency
Houston
50​

I don't think anyone has denied that ehealth writes a lot of business. The indication here is how clients want to work with agents, not that ehealth is or is not competition.

That said, it would be interesting to see the numbers underneath the numbers. Policies written per employee, average premium per policy, policy retention, net profit per policy, etc.

Also, I'm willing to bet that a lot of the policies written by numbers 2-50 are people who started with ehealth and switched. This is a gut feeling, no real basis for thinking this.

Dan

My point all along is that 3 -5 years ago... heck... even 2 years ago those 3000 policies were being sold by me, you and other indy agents.... those 3000 clients didnt just appear, we the indy were getting them, and i know several of the names on that list... heck, look close enough and u see txinsurance, one of our own... the guys i know have always been indy agents, not ehealth castoffs

BCBS of TX has come a long way, their procedures, prices, you name it - they get the "most improved" award in 2007 as far as I am concerned they are a solid player - not to mention "the name" goes a long way.

MCM on the list is the former marketing arm for Texas Children's Health Plan (HMO) which is now out of business. I would assume they are rolling a lot of children to BCBS.

Last edited:
You are severely off base if you think anyone on this list is a Ehealth cast off other than Ehealth. Ehealth model is "unassisted" huge volume of traffic to obtain conversions. Truth be told NO ONE on that list has the funding to be in this category.

You should not confuse small amounts of volume with a Ehealth model, as this is not the case. Maybe HBD or a few others , but we are talking about large call banks with millions in venture funding.

Don't believe me? There is a SEVERE gap between #1 and #2 on the list - clearly Ehealth is in "its own world" and "own category" of volume.

I agree 9 out of 10 people on Ehealth pick plans they do not qualify for or benefits they are not looking for. I had a call today from a customer who couldn't believe the SELECT TEMP policy they bough on Ehealth for $40 a month didn't have office visit co pays, rx co pays, or maternity?

I told them - hey for $40 a month "It should cover everything!!!" and they said "I agree!!!" - Gotta love it...

I am not a fan of this agent sales data information being posted on the public forum, I feel this is not appropriate - or permissible from it's intended original delivery.

Back