Young Licensed Agent who is Confused and in Need of Advice.

TheRedRascal

Hi there forum members,
I don't know if this is the proper place to put this thread and if it is not I do apologize ahead of time. I am a 20 years old and have just recently completed my all-lines adjuster course online in the state of Texas and am now licensed in that state. However due to unforeseen family circumstances I am currently residing in Wisconsin for the foreseeable future. The advice I am asking for is on what to do next. I know I need to be constantly improving my knowledge and networking but at this time I feel that where to begin, how to get the momentum going, will be one of the biggest hurdles for me. I have looked at various job searching sites ( Don't know if this was wise or if this helped in psyching myself out ) for my area of Wisconsin but all listings (logically) required a year or more of claims experience but again, I do not know how to go about getting that experience.
I would sincerely appreciate your input/feedback/critique on what to do next and I thank you in advance for your responses.

First look into transferring your license if you are changing residence. I'm not knowledgeable about your line but if someone says a year experience apply anyway and sell yourself. Someone will give you a chance..

I just noticed I responded to a two year-old post..Too late to erase. Damage is done..

First look into transferring your license if you are changing residence. I'm not knowledgeable about your line but if someone says a year experience apply anyway and sell yourself. Someone will give you a chance..

I just noticed I responded to a two year-old post..Too late to erase. Damage is done..

It sure did take you long enough to help that poor young agent... probably already starved to death or died of exposure. ;)

The post is 2 1/2 years old and that was his only post. Do you think he's figured it out yet? :err:

Why'd you you wait so long to help him? :eek:

Back