Your career and why

Dexes

Expert
Hello everyone, I have been really liking life insurance, what it does, who I work with and the possibilities. I have a P&C license and am working on my L&H. I really don't enjoy P&C that much. I think life insurance is a fantastic area to work in. I noticed a lot of you all are Life agents. Why so over P&C?

I was introduced to the Life and Health business. I was never really exposed to the P&C business, at least not initially. There hasn't been much crossover. It's kind of an "either or" few companies do both effectively.

I am almost 100% commercial P&C. If you own a business, you need commercial P&C, period. So, once established, P&C in general, and even more so commercial P&C is easier to sell, easier to get referrals, etc. I haven't had to cold call or advertise in years. I received two referrals today just sitting at my desk.

I think the people you find on this site looking for advice is inversely proportional to the ease of selling the products. You know, you don't see a lot of skinny people looking for diet tips. I don't need to come on here looking for door knocking advice, what marketing works better, which sales tricks work better. People are coming to me, not the other way around. The catch is that there is generally more product knowledge, and a much longer ramp up, which most people cannot or will not go through.

I, myself is not a fan of P&C (personal) due to the large amount of services it requires and the very little money you initially make up front. Most of the people that I spoke with also agrees. But with that said, it is much easier to sell than Life insurance.

Back