Your Coldcalling Capture System?

TevisVerrett

Expert
CA
Get a good and competent telemarketer, check!

Get a halfway decent list of targeted prospects, check. . . bought into Josh's ListShackPro.

Telemarketer is reaching people and every so often she gets someone to make a phone appointment. . .

(no face-to-face appointments, yet)

. . . Im new, but not that new. I have asked her to transfer the call to me to qualify, or bounce them. She shares that they either hang up or say I will just make an appointment.

Appointment comes and they don't answer the phone, or blow me off.

What have you seasoned folks found work. Josh, any words of advice on how to attack when cold calling?

Tired of the frustration. . .

Im selling retirement planning. . .life & annuities.

Grateful for the mindshare!

There are a lot of moving pieces on it. When we were running a campaign with about 20 telemarketers calling we noticed something about transfers vs appointments. If we tried to transfer we'd end up wasting a lot of time with people who ultimately were just "too polite" to hang up. If you have a scheduled callback and they don't answer, they're not wasting your time. Is there more behind it than that? Yeah, but certainly something to consider.

At least with the Medicare supplement world what we ended up finding was the best was just getting their information like what they had, what they were paying, etc, and then asking when a good time to call them back was as in either afternoons, mornings, etc. When agents called back without a specific time the connect rate was higher and the transition was smoother. Why? Anything I could say would be a guess, but it was something we noticed. I don't know if any of that relates to the retirement planning world since it was with Medicare supplements, but I suspect there would be some similarities.

I'd definitely be interested in what anyone else has to share on it as well. Phone sales can be a lot more regional than I would have thought.

Grateful that you weighed in Josh, and really appreciate it. I will give you a call tomorrow. . . maybe talking it out, I can find some pearls to make this work.

I am sure there is an art to this. Open to ALL suggestions.

Thanks in advance, all!

Get a good and competent telemarketer, check!

Get a halfway decent list of targeted prospects, check. . . bought into Josh's ListShackPro.

Telemarketer is reaching people and every so often she gets someone to make a phone appointment. . .

(no face-to-face appointments, yet)

. . . Im new, but not that new. I have asked her to transfer the call to me to qualify, or bounce them. She shares that they either hang up or say I will just make an appointment.

Appointment comes and they don't answer the phone, or blow me off.

What have you seasoned folks found work. Josh, any words of advice on how to attack when cold calling?

Tired of the frustration. . .

Im selling retirement planning. . .life & annuities.

Grateful for the mindshare!

Is your marker cold calling for annuities? I might have some suggestions. That being said cold calling for "retirement planning" is a tuff run.

Is your marker cold calling for annuities? I might have some suggestions. That being said cold calling for "retirement planning" is a tuff run.

Thank you for responding Brother SGE, No trying to sell annuities or retirement planning is much too tough, I fervently agree.

I am having her call with tax planning, saving 20-50% in their tax burden to the IRS.

Only one taker so far. I know the 10 touches gets three in fronts which culminates in one client. So she has a list of 3,000 folks.

More hangups than I can imagine, who would not take someone up on saving them in taxes?

Thots?

Thank you for responding Brother SGE, No trying to sell annuities or retirement planning is much too tough, I fervently agree.

I am having her call with tax planning, saving 20-50% in their tax burden to the IRS.

Only one taker so far. I know the 10 touches gets three in fronts which culminates in one client. So she has a list of 3,000 folks.

More hangups than I can imagine, who would not take someone up on saving them in taxes?

Thots?

At one point I thought I had a script that was going to be a gold mine for telemarketing for annuities.

It went terribly, garnered a very low response and 0% conversion.

I would imagine you are going to be better off leading with something like Medicare that has a proven track record and then cross-marketing/cross-selling to them once you have them on the books as a client.

At one point I thought I had a script that was going to be a gold mine for telemarketing for annuities.

It went terribly, garnered a very low response and 0% conversion.

I would imagine you are going to be better off leading with something like Medicare that has a proven track record and then cross-marketing/cross-selling to them once you have them on the books as a client.

Thank you, thank you Glen!

I had a nagging feeling that it was the pitch that was broken.

Let me retool, I may just owe you one, my wise friend!

I would recommend reading Bill Good's site, who can help you with that - he did a round up of cold calling scripts from other advisors calling for retirement planning etc. He got 65 scripts, and shared the best ones.

I would also recommend that if you're going the annuity/retirement planning route you might have more success with small business owners who aren't on the DNC and might be open to hearing about retirement solutions that address down markets by preserving losses (using life insurance as a retirement supplement when a portfolio is in a down market to avoid a bad sequence of return) and avoiding losses (indexed annuities that participate but don't go down when the markets do).

Thank you Justin,

Maad appreciate and thank you for the mindshare! Never thought about going after business owners.

Thank you also for Bill Good, found hope in those scripts.

Refocused, regoal, and redeploy. We are stronger when we help each other!

Welcome to summer! Getting people to answer the phone for any vertical is always a struggle this time of year.

Just crank it the volume, and buy plenty of different numbers to switch out per area code!

Latest posts

Back