Your Favorite Term Life Carriers, and Why?

You have to understand, this Forum gets invaded by Primerica rookies every month or so. They come here and argue that their way is the best way for their clients. When proven incorrect, they usually scurry away....and rarely last longer than a few months.

For the record again: Primerica rates are not competitive, unless you mean competitive with the highest term companies out there.

You could learn a lot from here, whether you choose to participate or not. That's up to you. But we will help you challenge your own thinking.

Term insurance (obviously) has its place. It's just not the optimal solution.

----------

Generally, if term is more expensive compared to other term policies, it's usually due to other riders and/or policy conversion features.

You have to understand, this Forum gets invaded by Primerica rookies every month or so. They come here and argue that their way is the best way for their clients. When proven incorrect, they usually scurry away....and rarely last longer than a few months.

For the record again: Primerica rates are not competitive, unless you mean competitive with the highest term companies out there.

I'm not a rookie, I didn't come on here to argue, you came on here to argue and put others down because you feel your way is the right way and you are all knowing. I stated MY opinion. Which is what this forum is for. Just because you or anyone else does not agree with my opinion does not make me wrong and you right. I never said that my way was best and your way was wrong. I said what makes sense to me, based on what I've seen in my 7 years as an agent. If the client sees value in what I show them then that's what's best for them.

MARI: I stated MY opinion.

When you say Primerica has the least expensive term on the market, that's not your opinion. It's a lie. I'm sorry if you feel attacked but maybe you should do some fact checking. Also, another poster gave you a few scenarios and asked for your rates. Could you respond to him please?

Thanks.

You could learn a lot from here, whether you choose to participate or not. That's up to you. But we will help you challenge your own thinking.

Term insurance (obviously) has its place. It's just not the optimal solution.

----------

Generally, if term is more expensive compared to other term policies, it's usually due to other riders and/or policy conversion features.

You are absolutely right, I agree you can learn a lot here, and that's what I came here for. But instead I've been met with nothing but hostility from some people when I all did was state my opinion on a question that was asked, which was 'What is your favorite Term Carriers, and Why?" I read most everyone's answers and found them informative, and provided my answer to the question. Did not think it would lead to a big debate over who's best, that's idiotic. We don't know who or what's best because what works and makes sense for one person does not work and make sense for another. It's not a one fits all type of products we sell. If it was clients wouldn't have options to choose from. I've sold other products, everyone has their preference and this happens to be mine.

That is a respectable and professional answer.

I will tell you that you've fallen into the trap of those who have come before you who have, what we'd call "drunken the kool-aid". This is particularly true for the MLM-type of companies and their agents show up - probably hoping to recruit people. They don't last long because we challenge their thinking.

You won't find a lot of "X is the best" or "Y is the worst" on here as far as company discussion. We'll talk about various companies, their underwriting, state-specific information, and many other things.

Primerica has a specific company culture. It works for them, but while they sell a lot of term, it's typically an "immature step-child" compared to the rest of the industry.

Now, as you continue to learn about life insurance and other companies, if you continue to stay at Primerica, you will do so knowing EXACTLY WHY you like the company.

Here's a little contribution to your ongoing education:

Last edited by a moderator:

When you say Primerica has the least expensive term on the market, that's not your opinion. It's a lie. I'm sorry if you feel attacked but maybe you should do some fact checking. Also, another poster gave you a few scenarios and asked for your rates. Could you respond to him please?

Thanks.

How many times do I have to say, I did not mean to say it was the "least expensive" I should have been paying more attention to what I was typing and not trying rush to answer and have a side conversation at the same time.
I stated my opinion to the original question that was asked in this thread which was "Re: Your Favorite Term Life Carriers, and Why?" I stated WHO and WHY. so YES that is my opinion of who is my favorite out of all the carriers I've worked for.

Thanks.

For that other poster, whoever it is, I can say that I can beat Primerica term for 300k, F, by almost $25/mo.

Not sure how you can be competitive with rates like that. It's there something I'm missing?

Edit: 30y.o.

Last edited:
For that other poster, whoever it is, I can say that I can beat Primerica term for 300k, F, by almost $25/mo.

Not sure how you can be competitive with rates like that. It's there something I'm missing?

It may be, What is the age of the female you're quoting?

40 year old male NT, Prd health
38 year old female NT, Prd health
Three children. Male age 17, M-15, F-13 good health.

Need/Want quotes at 20 and 30 years. $1,000,000 each.

55 year old single woman in "good health", med control Cholesterol and BP, 5' 6" 170#s,

Wants to leave $50,000 - $100,000 to each of her two low income adult children at her death.

Couple wants to buy $25,000 insurance to cover final expenses for their 65 year old parents. Cholesterol, HBP, oral med control DM.

What do you have?

Thanks, Lee

Here you go......

Latest posts

Back