Your Insurance Office - YIO

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
It's taken quite awhile but YIO is once again available!

For those of you who bought this from Frank years ago and no longer can open it, help is available. As we all know, with every installation a code needs to be entered to fully open YIO. As with many of us, once I bought a new computer my version of YIO was not longer usable. Same with a reformat.

So, if you want your copy to work once again (or need to download it again), go to YourInsuranceOffice.net | Unlock Your Insurance Office.

I now have a software engineer than can upload your csv file into YIO. He was able to move the data I used in ACT into YIO and I just needed to tweak a few things rather than entering hundreds of clients. (He also designed an exe file to upload my telemarketer's leads into the prospect file.

YIO was really Frank's program and now it can continue.

Rick

Nice program. Are there any plans to have your software engineer convert this to a cloud/web-based system that could be run on my own server? Or maybe make this into a paid service like Radius and some others?

It would sync with your desktop Outlook, and then sync with Google calendar and contacts.

YIO is what it is. A customized, desktop CRM program designed for an insurance agent.

We already had a previous poster who debated off and on all the benefits of 'cloud-based' CRM and how YIO just didn't fit the bill for him.

I highly doubt that Rick will have the program re-engineered in any way.

But... as another idea, you could set it up on a desktop computer and access it via "GoToMyPC" (or similar service) and access it that way. You can also set up your database backups to be stored in 'online storage' such as OneDrive or Google Drive, etc.

Do we need to send the CSV file to the engineer every time we want to add a number of clients/prospects or is there a way for me to import and export the database?

It would sync with your desktop Outlook, and then sync with Google calendar and contacts.

YIO is what it is. A customized, desktop CRM program designed for an insurance agent.

We already had a previous poster who debated off and on all the benefits of 'cloud-based' CRM and how YIO just didn't fit the bill for him.

I highly doubt that Rick will have the program re-engineered in any way.

But... as another idea, you could set it up on a desktop computer and access it via "GoToMyPC" (or similar service) and access it that way. You can also set up your database backups to be stored in 'online storage' such as OneDrive or Google Drive, etc.

I actually prefer non-cloud myself. I was recently debating this with a software designer who is working on a CRM. He didnt feel the need to have it unplugged from the cloud. But I explained that I am not always hooked up to the net when out and about... then he mentions phone access... and I explain that if I am talking to a client on the phone and want to enter info into my CRM then I cant...

For someone who sits at a desk all day cloud is fine. But if you are out in the trenches access while unplugged is essential imo. Just look at the fexquotes thread in the FE section... thy love the software but want a desktop version...

The biggest complaint I hear about CRMs is that most are now cloud only.

Do we need to send the CSV file to the engineer every time we want to add a number of clients/prospects or is there a way for me to import and export the database?

Sorry for the late reply.

You can certainly export. As far as importing, I hired someone to do that for me since most of my records were entered via ACT. I just have no idea how to do this for me. He charged me almost nothing.

I also hired him to design a small exe program that takes my excel leads from my dialer and imports them. If this is something another wants to do he can set this up quite easily and quickly.

As was stated, YIO is what it is. It's a desktop database that works for me. I don't need all the bells and whistles of something like Radius and am quite happy using YIO again after all these years.

The demo is the full version limited only by the number of records it allows. Give it a try and if you like it, the cost to unlock is only $100.

Rick

Does anyone have the installation file for YIO4? I am having to replace a computer during the busy AEP and don't want to take the time to learn YIO5.

Although I have the data files when I install it on the new computer it doesn't work the same as apparently there are some files that are installed on your computer that are not actually a part of YIO4. Got the install pass code from Rick and YIO4.

Gerald Heinrich

Back