Your Insurance Office

I just purchased a network version, and I discovered that the other agent and I cannot use the program at the same time. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Ask Frank.

Between raising goats, selling Medigap coverage and starting a restaurant, he has lots of free time to fix something simple like this.

Probably a record-locking issue or a disk/file permissions issue.

What versions of Windows are each of you using and is the server disk on a separate machine or one of your machines?

What kind of a network are you running?

Al

Thanks. I'm not exactly tech-savvy. The same name as what?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm on XP; he's on Windows 7. It's on a server; we're using a server network.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm on XP, and he's on Windows 7. The data's on a server; we're on a server network.

Last edited:
He told my IT guy, "I'm just an insurance agent," and " I've never heard of that happening before."

Yes I did.

I have never had an IT guy have difficulty following the directions. YIO has been in existence since 1995. Setting up the network has never caused a professional IT person a problem.

Your IT guy said he did something when setting up the network that indicated that he have been adding or doing something that wasn't called for.

I told him I suspect that is what is causing the problem or possibly your "IT" guy may not have been sure of what he was doing.

If there were any problems in setting up the network they would have surfaced since 1995.

However, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Frank, I don't want to get into an argument with you over the internet about your system. So far, it's worked great for me. And it works on the other computer too. I just can't get them to work at the same time, and I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it.

If you (or anyone else) have any suggestions about where to go from here, I'm all ears.

Back