Your Philosophy...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Been on the forum for about 6 months now and have enjoyed and benefited greatly from my time here... thanks.

I would like to pose what first may appear to be an odd question, but I think would be enlightening and perhaps entertaining...

What is your philosophy on selling?

(Don't over complicate... I will add if enough respond.)

Consult, rather than sell. Give people the information they need to make informed decisions that fit their needs and problems.

Let them be the "star" of the presentation, not me. It's not about me, but them.

The more transparent I am in the process (both in information and style) the better it is.

Asking questions lets them sell themselves, rather than trying to convince someone against their will. Just don't solve their problems too quickly. Wait until the next meeting, if necessary.

Just some thoughts.

That is something I find I need to watch my self on. Over the years I have become someone who can "talk to anyone", now I see that i need to be more of a listener...
I read that in a book years ago, and when I started doing more listening (letting them tell me what they want) and less talking (telling them what I think they want), it became easier to make sales, I made more of them and my persistency improved. :yes:

I read that in a book years ago, and when I started doing more listening (letting them tell me what they want) and less talking (telling them what I think they want), it became easier to make sales, I made more of them and my persistency improved. :yes:

Do you remember the name of the book? ...I am listening (looking) for your response.

Back