Your Process for Internet Leads

g-squared

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I would like to hear some different takes on how you follow through with real-time Internet leads (purchased from NetQuote, Insweb/Agent Insider, Hometown Quotes, Quote Wizard, etc.).

From what I have seen, there are two schools of thought:

I. Provide the prospect with a quote
II. Don't quote, but try to contact the prospect to do a more detailed fact-finder so that you can meet his needs with the proper coverage.

One agent I know is using the following system:

1) Call the lead right away, as soon as possible after you receive it.
2) If you don't reach the lead, email a quote for the exact coverages the lead asked for, using the optimal credit-based insurance score. Best-case scenario the premiums. Mail a copy of this quote to the postal address listed too.
3) Follow up by phone in 48 hours, and every 48 hours thereafter until two weeks have elapsed.
4) Put the leads into your drip marketing funnel (email and postcards) with an x-date and keep them on your list and keep dripping on them (with a phone call every 90 days) until they buy, die, or ask to be taken off.

Another agent I know is using this system:

1) Call the lead right away, as soon as possible after you receive it.
2) If you don't reach the lead, send via postal mail a simple one page letter asking NOT for a chance to quote policies, but rather for a 20-minute meeting to determine if there are any problems that can be solved.
3) Follow up by phone within one week of sending the letter.
4) Keep following up by phone every three days for the next three weeks, then put the lead into the drip marketing system.

It would be great to see what step-by-step methods others are using....

I found (at least for me), I would call IMMEDIATELY and leave a detailed message emphasizing that I am LOCAL and they will be getting a lot of calls. I said within moments I was going to email a quote and I described what the quote would contain and which carriers were the most competitive.

I called once more in two days but emailed 3-5 times.

It worked for me but maybe there was a better way.

How much on average do you pay for these realtime leads (homeowner)? Has anyone tried working aged homeowners leads?

I think the type of lead will vary the methodology considerably.

Home/Auto or most P&C, something triggered the need, the need is usually pretty immediate and they will settle on someone pretty quick. You have to act quickly.

Life/Health - If the need is urgent, you are already to late. The calling every 48 hours may work, but you need to stay on top of them.

My system dials them automatically when I get the lead, 20 minutes later, then 60 minutes later, than 4 hours later, etc, till I get hold of them. Doesn't always work, but getting that contact is important.

Dan

Call, speak, email. Be more about education and offer solutions to their needs. Always try to package both their auto and home insurance to offer the best rate and value

I am an agent in Arizona. I have a number of prospects in California and Ohio that are looking for some quotes. I need a good broker to contact these. I could work something out with you.

Let me know

When we get the leads (we only buy home and mobile home currently), we call immediately, then send an email as quickly as possible with a quote. We then call and email 3 more times (every other day). We used to have designated times for each person to make their calls, and they were not to do anything but make the calls during that time, and their phone calls were routed elsewhere until they were done. After the 3 phone attempts and 3 email attempts, if we are still unable to make contact, we send it back to the lead vendor, and they credit us back. This is rare, we almost always get someone. This works well, but can get time consuming with the number of leads we get. Other agents have told me what works best is calling them immediately, and if you get them on the phone, quote it with them on the phone, and do your best to sell it right there on the first contact. They told me it works best on weekends and after hours, because most agents turn their leads off then.

Latest posts

Back