Your Top 5 Companies

I'm just curious about something.
Generally speaking, who are your top 5 "Go to" companies.
There is a reason I'm asking.

sRJ3wPAyIxICA.gif

I'm just curious about something.

Generally speaking, who are your top 5 "Go to" companies.

There is a reason I'm asking.

I don't have 5 go to companies and would never recommend that.

I have one go to and then others are for the cases where my go to won't work.

My current go to is KSKJ.

Then I carry Trinity, Aetna, RNA, Grange, Trans, SNL and a few more for situations.

To JD's point. I walk in every house and ask myself why can I not put them with Trinity. There are of course multiple scenarios where I cannot place them with Trinity and then I start to go to my other carriers.

I made the rookie mistake of trying to save the client every last penny and found myself writing too many companies at the start. Luckily enough I got smart and narrowed my focus to a company that works well for me.

To JD's point. I walk in every house and ask myself why can I not put them with Trinity. There are of course multiple scenarios where I cannot place them with Trinity and then I start to go to my other carriers.

I made the rookie mistake of trying to save the client every last penny and found myself writing too many companies at the start. Luckily enough I got smart and narrowed my focus to a company that works well for me.

I have given that advice to agents for years. Pick one company. Write that company. Learn that company inside out and let them learn you.

You will get more attention from a company that you place a lot of business with.

It doesn't really matter what company that is. Everyone will have different things they like or dislike about a company.

Just pick one and roll with it.

Of course there are some things that need to be in place for any company to be a go to. They need to write all ages. They need to not penalize for insulin use. That last one is going to be region specific I suppose? You won't last long in my area writing a company that penalizes insulin users.

To a lessor importance they need to take the DE card. If your go to doesn't then you better have one handy that does.

They need to write all ages. They need to not penalize for insulin use. You won't last long in my area writing a company that penalizes insulin users.

Who are the easiest to work with on insulin?

To a lessor importance they need to take the DE card. If your go to doesn't then you better have one handy that does.

Seems most as earn or commission cut for DE . . .

Back