YP

I think I was in the last Generation that even had to take notes on the front cover of a phonebook when you were on a call.... Damn whippersnappers

This lady below might be the only person who calls.

Attachments

• 48c863fd976f46c4973b686e29b04922.jpg
    48c863fd976f46c4973b686e29b04922.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
Not to be outdone in branding by Obama, Donald Trump just released his senior phone plan
Is this what they look like?

old-fashion-phone-fashioned-phones-wall-mounted-reproduction-film-telephone-air-sac-holder.jpg

E-mail after I approved the copy. This chuckle was worth the money I spent:

Perfect, everything has been submitted and I will let you know if I need anything else. I got you under two headings which will help with your exposure. You may want to adjust your voicemail, website, and other business processes to meet your increased demand and phone calls. Let me know if I can help with any other business advice and congratulations on your future successes.

You may want to adjust your voicemail, website, and other business processes to meet your increased demand and phone calls.

Yes, this is priceless. Even after they got your money the BS still flows. Guilt on their part, perhaps?

My first commission sales gig was selling YP ads in one of the hottest markets in the country (Phoenix). The Yellow Pages were in 2 volumes and separate from the White Pages. We also subdivided the metro area into 6 distinct areas that also got their own directory. Most advertisers were in the “big book” and all 6 smaller books. The YP were in their heyday then (1980’s). I could sell with confidence that advertisers would get a tremendous ROI. Made great money doing it, and helped a lot of small businesses succeed.

I pushed hard on P&C agents to buy as much as they could afford, because it was always money well spent. But since I was honest, I never recommended advertising for certain headings, because there was very little chance of getting a response from them. Headings like “Insurance Agents - Life” Or “Financial Planners” were among those non-producers.

On the other hand, depending on the ad, headings like “Insurance Agents - Health” could get some response. Maybe not stellar, but at least they weren’t wasting money.

You never know! If internet’s sketchy in the area, and people still rely on the directory to shop, you might just make a little money off of it!

E-mail after I approved the copy. This chuckle was worth the money I spent:

Perfect, everything has been submitted and I will let you know if I need anything else. I got you under two headings which will help with your exposure. You may want to adjust your voicemail, website, and other business processes to meet your increased demand and phone calls. Let me know if I can help with any other business advice and congratulations on your future successes.
Looks like a form response. Shame on that rep!:D

Just curious - what headings did you go under?

They had a “two for one” deal. Insurance and Insurance-Health.

This was the first draft.

Attachments

• 9A95E8D4-829F-4419-8ABF-973DB60A2A68.png
    9A95E8D4-829F-4419-8ABF-973DB60A2A68.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 11
My first commission sales gig was selling YP ads in one of the hottest markets in the country (Phoenix). The Yellow Pages were in 2 volumes and separate from the White Pages. We also subdivided the metro area into 6 distinct areas that also got their own directory. Most advertisers were in the “big book” and all 6 smaller books. The YP were in their heyday then (1980’s). I could sell with confidence that advertisers would get a tremendous ROI. Made great money doing it, and helped a lot of small businesses succeed.

I pushed hard on P&C agents to buy as much as they could afford, because it was always money well spent. But since I was honest, I never recommended advertising for certain headings, because there was very little chance of getting a response from them. Headings like “Insurance Agents - Life” Or “Financial Planners” were among those non-producers.

On the other hand, depending on the ad, headings like “Insurance Agents - Health” could get some response. Maybe not stellar, but at least they weren’t wasting money.

You never know! If internet’s sketchy in the area, and people still rely on the directory to shop, you might just make a little money off of it!
I can't tell you how many years it's been since I looked in the Yellow Pages. I just Google now. Like the pay phone and other things, technology has hurt or killed certain industries. :yes:

Latest posts

Back