YP

They had a “two for one” deal. Insurance and Insurance-Health.

This was the first draft.
Looks good. The Health heading will probably draw one or two for you. Doesn’t hurt to have it in the other heading, too. If someone’s shopping, they may well land there first. Then when they see you twice in related headings, it can sometimes add credibility. Let us know how it works out!

I can't tell you how many years it's been since I looked in the Yellow Pages. I just Google now. Like the pay phone and other things, technology has hurt or killed certain industries. :yes:

Yellow Pages is the Blockbuster Video of the advertising world. Important lessons to be learned here, read the book Who Moved my cheese.

Last edited:
So, just for insight purposes, I don't consider YP a real lead source. I outlined why it could be possible for some leads above.

I mean, image a group of communities that still have party stores that have a video rental section, and even in my own town (which is the big one within an hour) we have two video stores... Or a lot of communities that have to use Sat Internet because cable isn't offered. Welcome to Northern MI.

That being said, once you start getting to the middle of the state, things get more city folk-ish with larger cities like Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing.

That would be a complete waste of resources, to me. However, my market is really different. So, I'm okay throwing a few dollars at something that could produce a sale as a risk (which is all I *need* to break even.) Otherwise, I much more heavily invest in digital marketing. That's my medium to long term strategy.

I'd *never* be one of those people to drop a significant note on a life support marketing platform.

"You may want to adjust your voicemail, website, and other business processes to meet your increased demand and phone calls."

This is pure gold! If they could actually use the internet, they wouldn't be looking in the Yellow Pages.

This is pure gold! If they could actually use the internet, they wouldn't be looking in the Yellow Pages.

No doubt. I legit told the guy that he was overselling. The physical book is on life support as a whole, much less advertisements in the book.

Back