NAILBA, the Voice of Independent Distribution, recently announced the 2019 winners of the ID Twenty Awards.
In the award’s inaugural year, NAILBA is honoring independent distribution’s most courageous innovators and visionaries, who have made important contributions to the insurance profession.
“We received over 60 nominations of BGA principals, carrier executives, case managers, contract specialists, regional vice presidents, underwriters, techies, marketing and operational gurus,” said Dan LaBert, CEO of NAILBA. “It was inspiring for the committee of seven BGA principals and carrier representatives to see the number of responses from the industry and learn about so many people that are making important contributions to the insurance profession.”
The winners of the 2019 ID Twenty Award are:
- J. Craig Collins, President, Executive Director of Insurance Designers of America, LLC
- Gonzalo Garcia, CLU, Partner of AgencyONE Insurance Marketing Group, LLC
- Keith M Gillies, CFP, MBA, Managing Principal of Wealth Solutions
- Marc Glickman, FSA, CLTC, LTCP, Co-Founder of BuddyIns
- Ronald R. Hagelman, Jr. CLTC, CSA, LTCP, Principal of ICE FLOE Consulting, LLC
- Brian Haney, CFS, CLTC, CFBS, CIS, LACP, Founder, Vice President of The Haney Company
- Timothy M. Klusas, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Marketing Alliance, Inc. (“TMA”)
- Ken Leibow, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of InsurTech Express
- Linda C. Levyne, CLU, ChFC, SVP, Head of Sales and Distribution of John Hancock Insurance
- Sheryl J. Moore, ACS, AIAA, AIRC, ALMI, President and CEO of Moore Market Intelligence
- Chris Orestis, CSA, Executive Vice President of GWG Life, LLC
- Amber Pate, CLTC, CLF, Executive Director of Certification for Long-Term Care
- Ryan J. Pinney, LACP, President of Pinney Insurance Center, Inc.
- Joe Ross, ChFC, CLU, CRC, Vice President of Sales Productivity & Business Development of AIG Financial Distributors
- J.R. Rubin, National Vice President of Platinum Distribution Network
- William J. Shelow Jr. CLU, ChFC, CPCU, LLIF, President and Chief Executive Officer of LifeMark Partners, Inc.
- Michael “Slades” Sladek, National Sales Director of Mutual of Omaha
- Heather Ulz, Chief Executive Officer of LifePro Financial Services, Inc.
- Marc Verbos, Executive Vice President of AIMCOR
- David R. Wickersham, CFP, CEO of The Leaders Group, Inc., TLG Advisors, Inc.
The winners will be acknowledged with an award on the main stage at NAILBA’s annual conference, NAILBA 38, on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in the Grapevine suburb of Dallas, as well as spotlighted in NAILBA’s Perspectives magazine in the first quarter of 2020.
More information about each of the winners can be found within the honorees section of NAILBA.org.
CEO panel announced for NAILBA 38
NAILBA also announced the first ever CEO Panel discussion during NAILBA’s Annual Meeting on November 7-9, 2019.
This session is part of NAILBA’s 2019 Thought Leadership and Business Practices Initiative to help BGA Principals grow their agency business and further understand marketplace direction.
Discussing critical issues facing the independent insurance distribution market, the panel will be moderated by Chad Milner, NAILBA Chair Elect. Milner, CEO of The Milner Group will be joined by:
- Brooks Tingle, President and CEO of John Hancock Insurance
- Ronald Herrmann, Head of US Life & Employee Benefits at AXA US
- Mark Holweger, President and CEO of Legal & General America
- Kris Beck, Chief Executive Officer at Proformex
“The group will share their perspectives on corporate business strategies, overall industry relevance, and the importance of life insurance to our global business,” Milner said.