While live, in-person conferences may still be a few months away, that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great events on tap this month for life insurance professionals.
NAILBA and LIMRA are both hosting virtual events this month with some high-profile headliners.
Ellen Latham and Duncan Wardle will be keynote speakers at “NAILBA 39: Engage”—part of the National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies annual meeting that has been a virtual experience spanning four months and eight live days.
Both will present on Feb. 10, 2021, branded as Life Insurance & Insurance Innovation Day. The conference is entirely virtual and is comprised of both live and on-demand content available from November 2020 through February 2021.
Latham is founder and partner of OrangeTheory Fitness, the renowned total-body group workout that combines science, coaching, and technology to guarantee maximum results. Prior to founding OrangeTheory, she served as a TV fitness expert, authored fitness columns for The Miami Herald and South Florida Sun-Sentinel, and earned the title of Business Woman of the Year in South Florida.
Wardle spent 25 years with Disney, most recently as Head of Innovation and Creativity, and has helped Pixar, Lucas Films, Marvel and Disney Parks create incredible new products and services. Sponsored by Formstack, he will share his groundbreaking innovation toolkit with conference attendees, designed to take the theory out of innovation and put it into practice in any environment.
“We are excited about our continued involvement with NAILBA and hearing Duncan Wardle’s insights on building a culture of innovation,” said Kathryn Loheide, SVP of Marketing at Formstack. “Innovation is certainly something we’re passionate about at Formstack, as we help agencies automate the management of proposals, policies, and claims so they can be more efficient and better meet customer needs.”
The remaining NAILBA 39: Engage schedule is as follows:
- February 10: Life Insurance & Insurance Innovation
- February 24: Insurance Innovation 2.0 & Life Settlements
Learn more about NAILBA 39: Engage and register for free at https://nailba.memberclicks.net/nailba-39-engage.
LIMRA Distribution Conference
LIMRA’s Distribution Conference for Financial Services will be held virtually from Feb. 22 to Feb. 24, 2021. The virtual conference will focus on the ways in which the industry can grow during the pandemic, covering everything from closing the life insurance coverage gap to recruiting for increased productivity and enhancing digital transformation.
The Distribution Conference for Financial Services, Empowered by Change, typically draws close to 400 industry professionals who have a vested interest in channel growth, productivity and reshaping distribution to succeed in today’s business environment.
“Distribution professionals have proven to be resilient and adaptive during the pandemic,” said Sean O’Donnell, senior vice president, Member Relations & Sales, LIMRA, LOMA & LL Global, Inc. “This conference will help them build strategies to continue to grow and innovate in a post-pandemic, remote world.”
Keynote speakers include:
- Al Comeaux, a former executive at Travelocity, GE and American Airlines, will bring to life the formula for successful change. Using science, great stories and examples from his three decades in corporate life, plus his 20-year journey studying change, he will help prepare any organization for changing demands that cannot yet even be imagined.
- Neil Pasricha, author of five international bestsellers including The Happiness Equation, will share lessons he has learned about resilience, change, and the growth that can come from times of challenge. He will respond to the drain of the pandemic and the unprecedented change and challenge we all faced this past year.
There will also be an executive panel, hosted by John Carroll, corporate vice president, Member Relations & Sales, LIMRA, LOMA & LL Global, Inc., with the following participants:
- Tim Gerend, executive vice president and chief distribution officer, Northwestern Mutual;
- Jennifer Torneden, senior vice president, Distribution and Strategic Growth, Legal & General America; and
- Scott Woodman, vice president, Distribution, Sun Life of Canada.
They will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the insurance industry and the economic collapse it triggered, as well as the growing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
On the first day of the conference, women leaders who are members of LIMRA or LOMA can participate in an interactive reception where they can reunite with colleagues and make new acquaintances while sharing best practices.
For more information and to register online, visit https://www.limra.com/en/events/conferences/2021/2021-distribution-conference-for-financial-services/