Dental

JONATHAN B SPARKS

Super Genius
While in Chicago, a good old boy wrote, “If I ever get back to Georgia, I’m gonna nail my feet to the ground.”

Lewis Grizzard died from surgery to address heart issues brought on by dental problems, (unless I’ve been misinformed). I was told an impacted or infected tooth damaged his heart.

Has anyone had experience with Medicare covering dental work to prevent other health issues? Can a PCP refer a client to a dentist if the PCP has reason to believe it to be a needed preventative matter? It seems like it would save costs in the long run.

Anywho, I find the dental riders and other dental insurance to be unattractive due to the limits (you pay roughly $400 for a $1000 limit in coverage). In CA, I’ve been advising my clients to go to the dental school to save money but there’s a waiting list there. The second best option seems to be discount plans like DP Brokers offers. Are there better solutions?

Lewis Grizzard died from surgery to address heart issues brought on by dental problems, (unless I’ve been misinformed). I was told an impacted or infected tooth damaged his heart.

Congenital, not related to teeth.

Syndicated columnist, humorist and author Lewis Grizzard died Sunday at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta from complications following open heart surgery.

Grizzard, 47, had suffered what cardiologist Dr. Randy Martin said was extensive brain damage following the nine-hour operation Friday to remove a mass from his aorta and replace a faulty heart valve. Grizzard never regained consciousness.Martin said doctors maintained a vigil in the event that his condition improved.

"Evaluation this morning, however, showed that there was absolutely no brain activity and so, in accordance with his wishes, we allowed him to peacefully die at 10:45," said Martin.

Grizzard, who underwent three previous major operations in the past 12 years to correct a degenerative heart problem from birth, had left a living will requesting his life not be prolonged by life support in the event that he suffered massive brain damage.
LEWIS GRIZZARD, HUMORIST, DIES AFTER SURGERY

Congenital, not related to teeth.

Syndicated columnist, humorist and author Lewis Grizzard died Sunday at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta from complications following open heart surgery.

Grizzard, 47, had suffered what cardiologist Dr. Randy Martin said was extensive brain damage following the nine-hour operation Friday to remove a mass from his aorta and replace a faulty heart valve. Grizzard never regained consciousness.Martin said doctors maintained a vigil in the event that his condition improved.

"Evaluation this morning, however, showed that there was absolutely no brain activity and so, in accordance with his wishes, we allowed him to peacefully die at 10:45," said Martin.

Grizzard, who underwent three previous major operations in the past 12 years to correct a degenerative heart problem from birth, had left a living will requesting his life not be prolonged by life support in the event that he suffered massive brain damage.
LEWIS GRIZZARD, HUMORIST, DIES AFTER SURGERY
Thanks. I don't remember where I heard it but misinformation runs amuck, here in the information age.
lewis grizzard infected tooth - Google Search
I used to date his cousin who lived in Newnan. But, she wasn't my source. She was, however, a very sweet girl.

Anywho, I find the dental riders and other dental insurance to be unattractive due to the limits (you pay roughly $400 for a $1000 limit in coverage). In CA, I’ve been advising my clients to go to the dental school to save money but there’s a waiting list there. The second best option seems to be discount plans like DP Brokers offers. Are there better solutions?

Are you looking just for over 65 coverage comments?

Are you looking just for over 65 coverage comments?
Yes sir. A lot of my Medicare clients/prospects want dental coverage. Aetna offers $1000 in reimbursement but, by the time you've paid for exams, xrays and cleaning there's not much left over. Wellcare seems to have pretty good dental coverage on top of the Part B buy down. But, preferred PCP's are often not in their network.

Back