• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Good place to get t65 lists

Build a network of referrals from HR people with your area companies and you'll never need to spend money on a mailer again. There are local chapters of the Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) all over the country. They accept members who simply want to be more informed about all things HR related. Membership is $264 a year. Compared to a mailer, that's peanuts.

Check it out here: www.shrm.org On home page click on "Community" link near top/right and then Chapters. They are everywhere.....24 within 50 miles of my home zip code, alone. That should keep you busy for a while.

I just started contacting them off their chapter directories and attended several of their seminar/education events as a guest. An agent friend has done guest speaker spots on Medicare and has gotten a flood of business as a result.

Mailers and semi-warm (not much better than cold) calls are a waste of my time, energy and money. Centers of influence (think every CPA, CFP and lawyer you've ever known or met) and client referrals are how you build a good book of business. Spend your time investing in yourself (devour everything you can on Medicare) and real contacts with real people vs. mailers. Only wished I got into Medicare full-time earlier in my career.

Back