• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Progressive vs State Farm

State Farm treats their insureds mostly well, but they are definitely not the end-all of insurance companies. I seem to hear the most consistently good feedback about Erie. A lot of their agents kind of hate their practices for the same reasons insureds love them (pay now, ask questions later seems to be their motto)
Talk to a state Farm agent, sure. Talk to an independent agent too.

You have bad apples and bad experiences with every company. State Farm just has more of them. Progressive has a lot too.

I find a lot claims issues stem from a lack knowledge and training for adjusters or adjusters are too proud to admit they are wrong.

I wouldn't buy either. State Farm had to be sued to make them pay Katrina victims. Although if progressive decides to pay a claim ... they treat the customer fine. But I have seen them do some shady things. I have a broker that gave me safeco. I have had claims on house and car and have been satisfied. Yes, I have my p&c license but found a big broker got me better rates.

Back