What dental plan do you have?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
Looking like Ameritas and Manhattan have good plans.

Just looking to see what plans independent agents have and why.

Only had dental for 20 years while my kids were in the house. Did not care about which plan quite honestly. Dropped when kids were out, usually dental is a waste of money.

I hear ya. But I've got 2 little kids. Wife's Cobra ran out. Gotta get something. She like clean teeth or something!

I hear ya. But I've got 2 little kids. Wife's Cobra ran out. Gotta get something. She like clean teeth or something!
If you are buying it because of kids in the household the drawback with Manahattan is it does not pay or orthodontic care.. Other than that it is a decent plan.

If you go aca health ins route, you can also check out aca dental plans for your state.

The following comment is not a recommendation to buy Delta, rather it is a caution.
As you move away from Delta for dental insurance, it is important to check provider networks. (At least that is my experience in KS.)

Networks were a specific factor in a discussion regarding Ameritas and CUL a couple of years back on the site here.
An Ohio agent was looking at going back to selling Ameritas because he believed it was a better value for the consumer than CUL and he believe the Ohio provider networks were pretty good. A Florida agent said the Ameritas networks there were pretty limited.

Also, in regard to the orthodontic comment, while I have not looked specifically for that, I think you will find that most dental carriers will charge more for their plan option(s) that include orthodontic coverage.

Well orthodontic care is going to come up I imagine...

Looking like Ameritas and Manhattan have good plans.

Just looking to see what plans independent agents have and why.

Just sell yourself an RNA policy. The dental discount on their fraternal benefits is just about as good. Dental insurance is mostly for suckers.

Back