What is happening here?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I got an email from a client this morning. She has a Plan G medigap with a wellcare PDP that started March 1. I confirmed both are still in force.

She says 2 different doctors are telling her that a change was made April 18, and that Medicare was not her primary insurance and that United HealthCare is.

She used to have UHC through her employer prior to Medicare. Also, her medigap is with UHC/AARP. The old employer insurance was cancelled at the beginning of March.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

old employer coverage is still showing as Primary. She needs to call the Medicare Benefit Coordination and Recovery Center at 855-798-2627 and let them know that is cancelled.

old employer coverage is still showing as Primary. She needs to call the Medicare Benefit Coordination and Recovery Center at 855-798-2627 and let them know that is cancelled.

Keep it coming.... Love this kind of info.

This makes sense, its kinda what I was suspecting was happening. I wasn't aware of this agency. thank you for your help

We probably have people call that line once a week because of this issue. It's a good tool to have.

Back