In the 2016 Insurance Barometer Study, 1 in 4 people said they feel they need more life insurance protection. Related LIMRA research has found that many people who understand they have a need for life insurance become “stuck” by the process of shopping for and purchasing a policy.
As Life Insurance Awareness Month begins, LIMRA has released an infographic, “5 Proven Ways to Reach Stuck Consumers,” to support LIAM efforts in September. It provides useful tactics for advisors and companies to help consumers get “un-stuck” based on findings from LIMRA research.
More LIAM coverage:
- Danica Patrick: “Driving racecars is risky, not having life insurance is riskier”
- Driving retirement readiness with diverse IUL solutions
LIAM resources available
“I think Danica Patrick sums up really well what our task is this September,” says Marv Feldman, president and CEO of LIAM sponsor Life Happens, referring to Patrick’s quote in the image on this page. “We need to reach out to those who are uninsured or underinsured and ask them to get the coverage they need. We’ve put together a stellar lineup of resources for you to use this year—our best ever. It’s not too late if you’re just getting started.”
Check them out at www.lifehappens.org/liam. (Remember, you’ll have to log in to access them, or create an account if you haven’t already.)
Life Happens notes that 1 in 3 households would have immediate trouble paying living expenses if the primary wage earner died, according to the 2016 Insurance Barometer Study by Life Happens and LIMRA. And the study also found that 40% haven’t bought life insurance or more of it because they’re unsure of how much or what type to buy.
That’s why each September Life Happens coordinates Life Insurance Awareness Month. The industry-wide campaign is aimed at educating Americans about the importance of life insurance and helping them get the coverage they need.
This campaign also offers agents the perfect opportunity to talk to people in their community about their life insurance needs. Life Happens offers you a wide range of tools and resources to make that job easier, including:
• Messaging from LIAM celebrity spokesperson and professional racecar driver Danica Patrick, available through her 60-second public service announcement video, flyers, social-media graphics and other marketing materials
• New marketing materials featuring the “risk message,” including a new video that’s perfect for social media, as well as four distinct flyers to choose from
• 3 new Real Life Stories, in the form of videos and flyers, featuring the stories of exemplary agent-client service and the positive impact life insurance has had in protecting families against financial hardship
• A wide range of social-media posts and graphics, including 30-days of prewritten posts to help agents leverage a Facebook post and Tweet for each day of LIAM
• 3 great longer-format infographics that highlight trends and information about the importance of life insurance … and more
More LIAM coverage: