Dental Insurance for Implants

Another day, another thread on dental, another opportunity for Lost Dollar to.......disrupt.

No worries, the gov't got us covered, using reconciliation, it's a done deal. How much, what the bene's look like is a whole other issue.

Senate Dems aim to offer dental, hearing and vision to Medicare as part of $3.5T infrastructure deal

Senate Democrats announced late Tuesday the framework for a $3.5 trillion infrastructure package that will expand Medicare to offer dental, hearing and vision benefits.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer announced the deal Tuesday. It is in addition to a $1.2 trillion bipartisan package that addresses several infrastructure priorities.

Democrats hope to vote on the package in the coming weeks. It will be passed via reconciliation, a procedural move that allows budget bills to be approved in the Senate by a simple majority and bypass a legislative filibuster.

Those are Carrington's own direct plans and have nothing to do with Manhattan other than any Carrington dentist also qualifies for the discount under the Manhattan Plans. (Or at least that is the way I understand it}

Members – Careington Dental Plan

(Link is to support the comment in the first paragraph following.)

DXDU is a DenteMax Network which Careington appears to have contracted with to add to their C500 and POS networks. (And I have not yet been able to figure out the difference between the C500 network and the POS network.)

However there is another issue here too. I am not absolutely sure of the following comments, but they are the best I have been able to work out up to this time.

I believe DXDU (DenteMax) and C500 and POS (Careington) are dental discount networks which Dental providers can join individually. I think that is why you see DXDU or C500 or POS associated with a provider name when you do a search. I believe all 3 of those discount networks are part of Careington's Maximum Care Network.

But Careington also has a Maximum Care PPO network. According to the Manhattan DVH Select brochure posted in another thread, members of the Select plan may "access the Careington Maximum Care PPO Dental Network".

When one does provider searches for the Maximum Care PPO Network there are still 3 sets of provider ID codes that come up (Including 1 Dentemax) but they are different codes than the DXDU, C500, and POS codes that show when searching for a provider under the Maximum Care Network.

(And at the moment, the only ways I can find to get to a provider search for the Maximum Care PPO plan is to use search links I get with Surebridge/Chesapeake Life and Nationwide dental plans. I don't care to post those links here.)

These issues are likely part of the reason vic was having such a problem coming up with provider lists for the Manhattan plan in a discussion you and he were having in another thread.

Those are Carrington's own direct plans and have nothing to do with Manhattan other than any Carrington dentist also qualifies for the discount under the Manhattan Plans. (Or at least that is the way I understand it}

Does Manhattan have a provider link?

The Careington list is somewhat limited (which is not surprising). I haven't looked at Careington in a while but at one time it was half-way decent, for a dental plan.

Does Manhattan have a provider link?

The Careington list is somewhat limited (which is not surprising). I haven't looked at Careington in a while but at one time it was half-way decent, for a dental plan.
Use the top link provided by LD. There are 11 within 15 miles of my house.. I am puzzled why every one is down on LD. Maybe it is because a non agent knows more on the subject than many of use. Sure he misspeaks sometimes or maybe even occasionally gives the wrong info but who doesn't. :huh:

I have been an insurance agent for 47 years and I haven't seen an individual dental plan I would buy for myself. You are basically swapping dollars with the insurance company.

Use the top link provided by LD.

I don't see a provider link but did see a link to a link to a link to a Morgan White dental plan where I can get a quote.

I have never seen a dental INSURANCE plan or DISCOUNT plan that would have anything close to including enough dentists to make it worthwhile. My town is slightly larger than yours and what I usually see are dental clinics (chains ) and dentists that are struggling to bring in foot traffic.

Use the top link provided by LD. There are 11 within 15 miles of my house.. I am puzzled why every one is down on LD. Maybe it is because a non agent knows more on the subject than many of use. Sure he misspeaks sometimes or maybe even occasionally gives the wrong info but who doesn't. :huh:

I don't see a provider link but did see a link to a link to a link to a Morgan White dental plan where I can get a quote.

I have never seen a dental INSURANCE plan or DISCOUNT plan that would have anything close to including enough dentists to make it worthwhile. My town is slightly larger than yours and what I usually see are dental clinics (chains ) and dentists that are struggling to bring in foot traffic.

I suspect he has me blocked. I suspect he was able to see DS4's link because rossat quoted my post.

Back