Dental Insurance for Implants

I have been an insurance agent for 47 years and I haven't seen an individual dental plan I would buy for myself. You are basically swapping dollars with the insurance company.
I have written one... on my wife... dropped it the next yr. now she probably needs hearing aids.

If you think that the possibility of acquiring hepatitis or even AIDS due to the lack of standardized Hygenic sanitizing procedures is "excellent" more power to you sunshine.

Sunshine ..WOW..

I said I know people that have gone there .. their Dentist graduated from Norte Dame .. another couple went there and their dentist went to Marquette .. news flash other countries are not as third world as you seem to view them ...

Sunshine ..WOW..

I said I know people that have gone there .. their Dentist graduated from Norte Dame .. another couple went there and their dentist went to Marquette .. news flash other countries are not as third world as you seem to view them ...
Not dental- bariatric ie weight loss. From the Washington Post.
Tamika Capone thought she was making a smart call by traveling to Mexico for bariatric surgery. Her doctor had urged her to have the procedure to reduce her out-of-control weight and blood pressure. But her husband’s health insurance would not cover the $17,500 bill. After a friend got the surgery in Tijuana for $4,000, Capone decided to do the same.

Nearly four months later, the Arkansas woman is one of at least a dozen U.S. residents who returned from surgeries in Tijuana with a rare and potentially deadly strain of bacteria resistant to virtually all antibiotics, say federal health officials. Some in the group recovered, but Capone, 40, remains seriously ill despite being treated with a barrage of drugs.

If the bacteria spread to her bloodstream, doctors say, it could be fatal.

“I’ve not yet had a patient with zero options, but this is as close as I’ve had,” said Ryan Dare, an infectious-disease doctor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine in Little Rock who is treating her.

Again, that's not what I was asking in any shape or form. I was asking if crowns for implants would be covered if implants were not

I gave you this answer to that question.

You would have to ask your dentist, but I think it may be possible that the CROWN PORTION of a dental implant MIGHT be covered under a dental plan that includes coverage for crowns.

That is a recap of the "normal" opinion I found expressed on dentists' websites. I got curious about implants and was trying to understand a bit more about them, so I did some limited searching. I did not find any dentists or insurance brokers that were willing to give specifics on what what dental insurance would cover for implants or portions of an implant process.

I think that the only way you can get "facts" for that question is to have a specific dentist develop a specific treatment plan by dental code, for a specific patient and then submit that to a specific dental insurance carrier for a predetermination. At that point you would have a set of facts applicable to one specific case.

I don't see a provider link but did see a link to a link to a link to a Morgan White dental plan where I can get a quote.

I have never seen a dental INSURANCE plan or DISCOUNT plan that would have anything close to including enough dentists to make it worthwhile. My town is slightly larger than yours and what I usually see are dental clinics (chains ) and dentists that are struggling to bring in foot traffic.

I can't say NEVER. I have to admit, I once enrolled in a discount plan. My daughter was having her wisdom teeth removed. When I went and met with the office manager about what their fee would be ($2,600), I asked the if they participated in any discount plans. She said they participated in Careington. I went home, paid the $20 enrollment fee, paid $6.95 for one month and proceeded to save $520 (20%) on my daughter's procedure.

I can't say NEVER. I have to admit, I once enrolled in a discount plan. My daughter was having her wisdom teeth removed. When I went and met with the office manager about what their fee would be ($2,600), I asked the if they participated in any discount plans. She said they participated in Careington. I went home, paid the $20 enrollment fee, paid $6.95 for one month and proceeded to save $520 (20%) on my daughter's procedure.

I have seen it work too, although maybe not often.
Some plans (such as BCBS in some states) do have a lot of dentists in network. But maybe that doesn’t exist in some other states.

I’ve thought that one benefit of having insurance is to encourage people to go twice a year for their “free” checkup and cleaning even if technically they might be spending more overall than they would otherwise. A lot of people end up with serious problems when they don’t have regular checkups.

Group dental however is often quite a bit better than Indy dental. I know I’ve saved quite a bit on some procedures through the years when I have had it.

Warning to OP. This post does contain some opinions, including the quoted post which is a post full of opinions.

Best Dental Insurance for Implants of 2021

That article contains the following statement:
Many dental implant insurance policies won’t pay for implants for teeth that are already missing when you sign up. In the same way that you can’t buy homeowners insurance once your house is already on fire, you can’t buy dental implant insurance for teeth that are already missing.

Just a heads up that folks looking for dental insurance that covers implants should keep in mind. Some folks needing extraction and implant might be able to defer the extraction until they can put an immediate coverage dental plan in place.

Back