What dental plan do you have?

That delta plan is a joke. When clients ask who they take I just say Greenberg and it’s an auto no. You’re better off paying cash

They also have a plan that has no network. I think Ameritas is overpriced and there's no coverage for hearing aids. I'll probably stick with Manhattan. Better for the client and better for me too(pays about 3 times as much FYC commission). :yes:

At least in Chicagoland area the Ameritas network is great. Manhatten uses the Careington network which sucks. Plusno deductible for cleanings with Manhattan. If someone is going to get dental I believe it should be only in-network plan otherwise it really doesn't make sense. I personally like the dental discount plans the best ones that make the most sense to me.

At least in Chicagoland area the Ameritas network is great. Manhatten uses the Careington network which sucks. Plusno deductible for cleanings with Manhattan. If someone is going to get dental I believe it should be only in-network plan otherwise it really doesn't make sense. I personally like the dental discount plans the best ones that make the most sense to me.
Manhattan just recently added Carington, but you can go to any dentist you want. :yes:

Manhattan just recently added Carington, but you can go to any dentist you want. :yes:

True
Manhattan just recently added Carington, but you can go to any dentist you wa.nt. :yes:

True but let's face it if the dentist charges above the UCR which is quite normal which I can't remember if they pay UCR *0% or 100% plus a deductible for the preventive it will be nothing but headaches. Plus the first year they only pay 60%. With Ameritas no deductible for preventive and a lot bigger network. It's a lot cleaner People see the value in that imo.

True

True but let's face it if the dentist charges above the UCR which is quite normal which I can't remember if they pay UCR *0% or 100% plus a deductible for the preventive it will be nothing but headaches. Plus the first year they only pay 60%. With Ameritas no deductible for preventive and a lot bigger network. It's a lot cleaner People see the value in that imo.
They went from Actual Charges to UCR about 2 years ago. Yes, $100 deductible then 60% 1st year, 70% 2nd year and 80% after on everything, including Major, vision and hearing aids(12 month wait on Major and Hearing Aids...6 month wait on Glasses). Ameritas has no hearing aid coverage and is weak on vision. Ameritas might be better for cleanings, but not anything big. That "pool of money" sets Manhattan apart, in my opinion. If you add on the vision, Ameritas is as much as Manhattan.:yes:

Last edited:
I self insure anything that I can do so comfortably. This is one of those things.

Smart man. I continue to believe that individual dental insurance is for suckers. I wish I was wrong because I get asked for it all the time.

Smart man. I continue to believe that individual dental insurance is for suckers. I wish I was wrong because I get asked for it all the time.

Young feller like you should get your Golden Rule Dental Insurance (policy with the under 65 rates) while you still can!
:laugh:

Last edited:
Back