What dental plan do you have?

They also have a plan that has no network. I think Ameritas is overpriced and there's no coverage for hearing aids. I'll probably stick with Manhattan. Better for the client and better for me too(pays about 3 times as much FYC commission). :yes:
I just recently became appointed with them so I haven't investigated their Dental yet.
I'll def. check into it since you recommend it above the others.
I wouldn't mind the higher commissions either. :biggrin:

UHC has a variety of plan options.

With some of them you can get first year preventive coverage and a % coverage of basic services with zero to short waiting period, depending on the plan you choose.

There is also a higher priced option that will get you into a small percent coverage of major services after a 6 mos wait in the first year, with increasing percents in the next 2 years.

Although I am still in trial mode with my new dentist and am having a billing and confusing eob issue with them, at the moment I continue to like @CHBS ' assessment of UHC dental.

Last edited:
I recently purchased DeltaCare USA. I attached benefits, but I paid $100 to obtain coverage.

- $0 copay for xrays
- $20 copay for cleanings
- $10 copay for office visits

That was about what I would pay as a cash patient, so the cost there seemed to be a wash. As a cash patient I would obviously be out of pocket 100% for basic and major services, but with this plan if I need fillings or something more significant, I will receive what looked to be about a 50% discount. It fits my needs well.

Other dental plans at about $30/month or $360 annually, were at least $100 above what I would pay as a cash patient for my cleanings and x rays on an annual basis.

Attachments

• 3C526F03-AE45-434D-858A-8DF37DA600C1.png
    3C526F03-AE45-434D-858A-8DF37DA600C1.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 6
I recently purchased DeltaCare USA. I attached benefits, but I paid $100 to obtain coverage.

- $0 copay for xrays
- $20 copay for cleanings
- $10 copay for office visits

That was about what I would pay as a cash patient, so the cost there seemed to be a wash. As a cash patient I would obviously be out of pocket 100% for basic and major services, but with this plan if I need fillings or something more significant, I will receive what looked to be about a 50% discount. It fits my needs well.

Other dental plans at about $30/month or $360 annually, were at least $100 above what I would pay as a cash patient for my cleanings and x rays on an annual basis.
Have you checked out the network? :err:

There’s about 10 dentists within 4 miles from my house. I did some research on reviews and they all seemed to be solid. I suppose I’ll find out for sure when I get my first cleaning.
Let us know. I've looked at some of those networks. 10 dentists in the network...all at one address. :skeptical:

Back