3 Tips For Beginners

4. Find a mentor and bird dog appointments for them while you learn.

Finding a mentor can be a difficult thing to do unless you get lucky and find someone willing to truly help you succeed. How do you propose someone find a mentor?

1) Learn how to prospect and give fact-finding sessions based on emotional needs... not 'lecturing' them to do what you tell them to do. Logic tells... emotion sells.

Learning how to prospect in my opinion is the hardest thing about this business, and after 3 years in the business I still struggle with this, but am getting better. Since moving away from 100% FE to more traditional LI sales I have had to learn to prospect. Besides cold calling business out of the phone book, or walking door to door how do you propose this individual or myself for that matter learn the great art of prospecting? What I have found is that most agents will not give up their successful techniques.

Thanks to the both of you for the info.

Ron

1. Go to work where they provide leads (fresh and exclusive).

2. Go to work where they provide training setting appointments.

3. Go to work where they provide training in the field selling.

4. Work as if your life depends on it.

does this exist? This would be great but is it out there?

1. Pich a simple and accessible market, learn an approach that gets you in front of them. The rest doesn't matter without this component.

2. Make an ideal schedule with 3 hours of dedicated prospecting time and appointment slots, then resolve to fill each slot with meetings or prospecting if no meetings.

3. Urgency. You need to start of running. Second, if you learn something new, go do it now! If you wait until you know everything, you will never sell much because there is always more to learn.

Back