ACA questions

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a couple questions

1 is it like MAPD where If you have emergency it is always in network ,, such as heart attack when in another state?

if not what are the best plans to cover out of state

2 what if someone moves mid year and purchases from a dif carrier do the deductible paid transfer?

1 is it like MAPD where If you have emergency it is always in network ,, such as heart attack when in another state?

2 what if someone moves mid year and purchases from a dif carrier do the deductible paid transfer?

Emergencies are covered out of state, but could be subject to balance billing if hospital does not accept carrier offered rate. Ambetter offers coverage in 30 states and accepts network reciprocity for in network providers in other states.

Move to diff state and diff carrier and the deductible resets to zero. Starts over again.

Yes, deductible max are 2 per family regardless of size

1. I think so.
2. I don't think so.
3. I think so.

Emergencies are covered out of state, but could be subject to balance billing if hospital does not accept carrier offered rate. Ambetter offers coverage in 30 states and accepts network reciprocity for in network providers in other states.

Move to diff state and diff carrier and the deductible resets to zero. Starts over again.

Yes, deductible max are 2 per family regardless of size

Wow that is scary, I have autistic son and go through deductible and copisn every year

I had thought about moving out of state. man what a loss if I spent 13K in out of pocket and restarted as 0

but that is good news on the Emergency

Wow that is scary, I have autistic son and go through deductible and copisn every year

I had thought about moving out of state. man what a loss if I spent 13K in out of pocket and restarted as 0

but that is good news on the Emergency

Deductible and OOP are per person. Once you hit oop for 1 person, they are 100% covered.

The rest of the family then has their own separate ded and oop. Max OOP per family is 2 times individual OOP

Back