American Modern Insurance non renewing Condo Policies

RickyG

Expert
Hits keep coming, now clients are calling in that they are receiving non-renewal notices from American Modern on all their condo policies. Call the company and yes they are no longer writing or renewing condos in CA, NV and other states. Thanks for the heads-up jerks!
75% of our departments job for the last 12+ months has been just reaching out and trying to salvage existing client policies. We have the majority of business in AZ, NV and TX so I cannot imagine the disaster for agents in CA. We were just getting thru most of the other nonrenewal issues and then this drops on us another several 100 policies. Yes, I am whining.

I have seen some limited information on the Am Mod Condo plans, but I would not say that it was announced very well.

You are not "whining" - all the nonrenewals are pretty bad. Frankly most consumers have no idea how bad all of this is. The only positive news is that the Journal finally wrote a story about it - so that will now be the best way to explain to lots of consumers [at least mine.]

The HO6 Unit Owners Condo market is just a nightmare right now - send them to AAA until this whole thing gets figured out. I cannot imagine trying to do HO6s in California.

Back