Annuities from Major Insurance Companies

david77

from the large companies
metlife
j hanock
axa
ny life

doews anyone which of these companies offers the most flexibility in terms of annuities offered?
fixed- shortest surrender period
variable- l shares?

I wouldn't look at any of those. They are major Life Insurance Companies, not major Annuity Companies. I can't imagine many of their Variable Annuity customers are very happy right now.

I agree as well not the best Annuity company's at all.

Top Annuity Sellers
Aviva - Some weird stuff going on see blogs before getting involved with them.

Allianz

OM Financial

Investors Insurance Corp. / Legacy Marketing Group

Midland / North American - No longer taking new agents at this time.

Equitrust would be on the list but their rating dropped to B+ ='(

There are others but these come to mind.

I would also take a look at Jefferson National's Monument Advisor variable annuity. It has a flat insurance fee of only $240/year which is a nice change from a lot of fee-heavy VAs you see in the market.

Concerning major companies I can only speak for John Hanock, until recently fixed annuity rates were average, a base of 3.5 however, as of today the GPA and spectrum have fallen to 2.7 and 3.0 for a base rate. The shortest period with a fixed is the new spectrum annuity which offer 5,6, and 7 year surrender periods.

Concerning the John Hancock variable annuities, the customers who elected either the Income plus for life or Principal plus for life are extremely happy, as theses riders lock in the highest policy value and withdrawls are calculated from that number, not the actual deteriorating policy amount.

Variable Annuities have a lot of moving parts and in my experience are not a good idea in many scenarios. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back