Annuities Only

O

oicu812nbama

Anyone sell annuities only? Seems like a good return on time and investment

It is a good sale but most of the people I know use an approach with LTCI, Medicare Supplement or Final Expense to open the door. The annuity sale becomes a secondary sale.

I used to for a couple years, but I also evolved into other products that complement and support them, as xrac described. Most of my income comes from Annuity sales and most of my time is involved with Medicare Related products.

I deal with advanced life case design and annuities. As the others have said "annuities are a secondary sale." YTD I have written almost 300K in targeted life premium and 2.4 in annuities. Most of the annuity business came as a direct result of the life insurance; the rest are from referrals. I hope this helps........

My practice is 98% annuities for seniors. I write a life or health case once in a while - but it is rare. I am thinking of venturing into final expense.

After you have written annuities for a while and get used to average commissions of $5,000+ per case and no medical underwriting, it is hard to get excited about a $600 life commission.

On the other hand, some life guys write 30 of these $600 cases per month and some months I write no annuities and some months I write five. Much more erratic income.

There are agents making good money in virtually every niche of the insurance business.

I deal with advanced life case design and annuities. As the others have said "annuities are a secondary sale." YTD I have written almost 300K in targeted life premium and 2.4 in annuities. Most of the annuity business came as a direct result of the life insurance; the rest are from referrals. I hope this helps........

YTD? That's awesome. You need me to be a protege
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My practice is 98% annuities for seniors. I write a life or health case once in a while - but it is rare. I am thinking of venturing into final expense.

After you have written annuities for a while and get used to average commissions of $5,000+ per case and no medical underwriting, it is hard to get excited about a $600 life commission.

Thanks. That's the reason my interest in annuities. I've been captive and done well, but the company wants you to sell what it is profitable in. I'm going indy and selling both!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, annuities are a primary product. You don't need to be talking about anything else and you don't need to move into annuities sideways.

Annuities provide protection against market loss with guarantees for future growth and immediate or future income. That is exactly what people are looking for these days. They just need to be made aware that what you have is what they are looking for.

I'm at a cross roads. Saving money and deciding what angles that I should attack. A lil trial and error doesn't hurt, but any advice will save me time and money. I didn't know I was a good salesman till I got into this business. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to sell

Back