Another Lead Scam

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
All Insurance - Financial Planning Leads

These guys are supposedly using bill stuffers and ride alongs to generate leads. As we all know from last year it is all bogus and they are reselling calling and mailing lists for $1 or more per name. If you get an email from a Tom Potter, run quickly. It appears they are operating out of the same general area.

All Insurance - Financial Planning Leads

These guys are supposedly using bill stuffers and ride alongs to generate leads. As we all know from last year it is all bogus and they are reselling calling and mailing lists for $1 or more per name. If you get an email from a Tom Potter, run quickly. It appears they are operating out of the same general area.

Thanks for the heads up...I had a friend call me and ask me my opinion on this marketing technique...He might of had conversations with this clown...

Thanks for the heads up...I had a friend call me and ask me my opinion on this marketing technique...He might of had conversations with this clown...

If these were actually lead cards that had been filled out this idea would be amazing, but since it is only a list, it is bullshit.

Don't give a lead company more than $50 of your money to start and don't you dare let them withdraw money from your cc without prior notice. NO AUTOMATIC FILLING UP YOUR "FUND."

Request some free leads first and talk personally to at least FIVE people who have used them in the last 12 months, with at least two in your state (tough to do).

Talk to experienced licensed agents that DON'T buy leads in your state as well and see what they have to say about the lead company.

Search online and find out what search terms they are ranking for. More experienced members on this Board will help you with this.

I'm not saying you should not buy leads. I bought a bunch of them at one point. But be careful how you spend your money because you worked hard for it.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebLeadWarning was used in this post
WebBanIsUp was used in this post

Last edited:
I got an email from Tom Potter, said this "The cost of the leads is $4.00 each, they are exclusive, fresh within the last 14 days, we do guarantee 15 appointments per 100 leads . There is no contract we get leads on a quarterly basis, and when our customers want to reorder they call us when ready . Normally most people will either start out with 100 leads, or buy the entire county to have first rights of refusal when new leads are generated in that area." Clearly a new guy here, can you clue me in to what happened last year, and how you know this is bogus?

Back