Anyone work for Quote Wizard?

MagicMarv

Just curious if anyone works as an agent for them? Lending Tree bought them about a year or so ago. Have an interview next week.

Most of the agents here are independent contractors. There are a few who started their career on the dark side, working as a captive, but they figured out there was more $$ working for themselves.

Yeah that seems to be the case when you crunch the numbers. I'm returning to insurance after about a 2 year absence, mainly in call center captive environment. Just a matter if I want to jump off and invest in leads. Thank you!

Folks who have never sold insurance and consider it an easy way to fill the gaps until their lottery tickets pay off think this is an easy gig. Captive agents, especially in a call center, can learn how to pitch a product which is the easy part.

Finding folks to talk to is the most challenging part. Even if you have deep pockets to fund your business for at least 6 months (preferably 12 or longer) it can be slow go at first.

Call centers spoil you into thinking you just wait on the phone to ring and take the order. A dog with a note in his mouth could sell many of those.

Joe Namath knows how to get the phones to ring (Medicare). The ads seems like they are running 24/7 and have been running for 2 years, maybe longer. Marketers don't keep funding those things if they are not paying off . . . for the marketer, not necessarily so for the agent.

Getting YOUR phone to ring is a challenge.

Depending on the type of insurance you want to sell, there are some IMO's that will treat you right and help you get off the ground.

There are also some who will whisper sweet things in your ear and will kick you to the curb in a few months.

The trick is to find the right one.

What kind of insurance are you looking to sell? Phone or F2F sales?

I am currently getting Quote Wizard leads. They are OK. Thats about all I can say about them. We pay $6 a lead for shared medicare. We are getting what we pay for. At that price we will continue to get them. Not sure I would pay anymore than that price though.

Back