Apologies!

AgentProvocateur

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
There was a thread started last night by an agent wanting input about their website. It's now deleted? I made a few recommendations, but I'm concerned they were taken as being too harsh?

I apologize if I offended the OP, or if my comments weren't helpful.

No, that was a spammer who wanted to get his link out and you fell for it.

Hmmmm. It seemed like your average agency website, and a legit inquiry to me. You mean the request for feedback was just insincere sweet talk, so this person could connive their way into sticking their link in the board? I feel so used. Since the attempt did not impregnate us with a durable backlink, I don't think we can call it forcible spamming.

At least the only hurt feelings are mine.

Last edited:
his name was "car insurance quote" i thought it was funny though you put genuine effort into your response. you made my morning though thanks :D.

his name was "car insurance quote" i thought it was funny though you put genuine effort into your response. you made my morning though thanks :D.

If you looked at the link posted on the deleted thread, it wasn't for a lead company website. It was an agency website. I think the website owner would do well to consider my recommendations. The motivation of the OP may have been insincere, but the advice was sound.

The guy was posting here for marketing purposes. Does that really make him much different than many other people here? So what if he used me to try to build backlinks. My intentions were pure. Although you would pillory me with ridicule, my conscience is clear. I regret nothing.

Laugh at the victim, violated by a pernicious spammer only interested in more backlinks, if you like. You violate me again when you make me relive the horror and humiliation. I hope you're proud of yourself. How will I ever learn to trust another poster? I've been ruined! Who would want me now? ***sob***

If you looked at the link posted on the deleted thread, it wasn't for a lead company website. It was an agency website. I think the website owner would do well to consider my recommendations. The motivation of the OP may have been insincere, but the advice was sound.

The guy was posting here for marketing purposes. Does that really make him much different than many other people here? So what if he used me to try to build backlinks. My intentions were pure. Although you would pillory me with ridicule, my conscience is clear. I regret nothing.

Laugh at the victim, violated by a pernicious spammer only interested in more backlinks, if you like. You violate me again when you make me relive the horror and humiliation. I hope you're proud of yourself. How will I ever learn to trust another poster? I've been ruined! Who would want me now? ***sob***

Thanks for being a good sport.

Back