Bell Palsy

ccortes

Hi experts.

Got a client that just suffered a episode of Bell Palsy about 2 weeks ago. Looking for life insurance because of the scare.

Does anyone know which company would cover this?

From what I read is sometime diagnosed as MS. P

Appreciate any information. Thank you.

Carlos E. Cortes

I've never heard of a company that would NOT cover someone who has had Bell's Palsy.

How do I know this? Because I had a case of Bell's Palsy about 5 years ago... and I've had my insurance policies with MassMutual and other top companies.

BTW, I would be talking more about disability coverage or critical illness. Not because Bell's Palsy would be covered, but (in my opinion only as I've not researched this), it would be an easy conversation to have to talk about the affects of a stroke.

Bell's Palsy is kinda like a mini-stroke, but you never feel it coming on. You just wake up one morning and it's there and you wonder what happened. It's a freaky feeling.

So talk to them about life insurance, of course. But don't forget to bring up Critical Illness & Disability Income coverage as well.

Totally agree with DHK, I too had BP about 17 years ago, for about a year my face was a mess. I still have some lingering side effects. It is really a scary scenario.

It should be almost a non-issue. I had a case of it in 2007. It looks like a stroke, but that's the only similarity. most people fully recover as the nerve on the affected side regrows.

Thank you all for your answers. I'll definitely would get him so life insurance and would recommend some disability and critical illness. Again appreciate everyone for your advise.

Thank you all for your answers. I'll definitely would get him so life insurance and would recommend some disability and critical illness. Again appreciate everyone for your advise.

Call a couple underwriters and ask them what they would want to know. That way you sound like you have some knowledge and can also get him a pretty close quote.

Lee

Latest posts

Back