Best IMO's for Fixed/MYGA Annuities

SmartMoney

Expert
Every IMO seems to specialize within their certain niche of annuity products and carriers. Are there any IMO's that specialize in just the fixed or Multi Year Guarantee type annuities?

What do you mean specialize? Like, offer other companies that are not as mainstream as the usual suspects (fraternal organizations, mutual companies, etc.)? If so, most of those carriers don't even use IMOs nor do they want to.

The Insurance Group-Top MYGA Pod

MYGAs are not profitable for IMOs, but every IMO carries options. Some smaller companies can offer pretty decent rates for MYGAs (e.g. Oxford, Presidential, et al.).

You can click that link and see some of the best current rates.

Exactly, it seems there are very few IMO's who specialize in the fixed annuity arena because they dont pay huge commissions. Most IMO's I've spoken to are big on the income riders, indexed plans, and whatnot. I was hoping to find a couple names of IMO's (even if theyre much smaller) who work with fixed productions or MYGA's as their speciality and can tell me more about the best ones available.

Exactly, it seems there are very few IMO's who specialize in the fixed annuity arena because they dont pay huge commissions. Most IMO's I've spoken to are big on the income riders, indexed plans, and whatnot. I was hoping to find a couple names of IMO's (even if theyre much smaller) who work with fixed productions or MYGA's as their speciality and can tell me more about the best ones available.

I am a smaller IMO and due to the heavy BD involvement in regulating Index sales, we actually handle a lot more Traditional and MYGA business. We constantly look for carriers who have competitive rates or really strong renewal rates. Often this leads to some carriers that are not quite "household" names, but the quality is still there. PM me if you would like more information

Last edited:
Back