Bus Insurance

G

I have a client who purchased a city bus and has plans to convert it to a party bus. Right now it is still a bus and he only needs liability insurance so he can drive it between shops, he will not be carrying any passengers.

Any idea who I can insure it with? I called Progressive and the rep said they would insure it, then when I tried to set it up on FAO it said they wouldn't. Underwriter at Progressive confirmed the rep gave me incorrect info.

Any ideas?

Progressive said that they don't insure party buses and since this is a short term policy they don't want to be on the risk, so they won't accept it as a commercial policy. Completely understandable. But I still need to find someone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone? Surely someone has run up against this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
dubya4472 said:
I have a client who purchased a city bus and has plans to convert it to a party bus. Right now it is still a bus and he only needs liability insurance so he can drive it between shops, he will not be carrying any passengers.

Any idea who I can insure it with? I called Progressive and the rep said they would insure it, then when I tried to set it up on FAO it said they wouldn't. Underwriter at Progressive confirmed the rep gave me incorrect info.

Any ideas?

Progressive said that they don't insure party buses and since this is a short term policy they don't want to be on the risk, so they won't accept it as a commercial policy. Completely understandable. But I still need to find someone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone? Surely someone has run up against this before.

What state are you in? I know of a couple of companies but you will need to go thru a bigger agent who does a lot of volume in order to get it in.

Back