Can You Un-decline Part B While Still in IEP?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a client who mistakenly declined part B because she thought her retiree benefits covered doctor's visits. They don't, they are basically a private supplement to A and B and won't pay unless Medicare pays first.

She is aging in in April. Can she call SSA now and enroll in part B for April 1st even though she declined part B originally?

I have a client who mistakenly declined part B because she thought her retiree benefits covered doctor's visits. They don't, they are basically a private supplement to A and B and won't pay unless Medicare pays first.

She is aging in in April. Can she call SSA now and enroll in part B for April 1st even though she declined part B originally?

Yes, I havd a client do the same thing in Jan (T65 in April) cause she thought Medicaid was gonna pay it, so she didnt need to get it. I informed her of her poor choice, and she submitted the app for part B the next day...she got it re-instated mid Feb, and I wrote her up.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case. That's what's great about this forum, learning from people who have been there, done that.

Back