CIP Plan Changes In Ga...definition of Mapping

phil62017

Hey guys,

Relative newbie here. Noticed in reviewing the 2017 UHC benefits in Ga. that it said that Care Improvement Plus statewide R-PPO is "mapping" from R9896-012 to R7444-008. What does that mean in this context ? And does that mean I need to move my members that are in the R9896-012 R-PPO? Or will it be done automatically ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey guys,

Relative newbie here. Noticed in reviewing the 2017 UHC benefits in Ga. that it said that Care Improvement Plus statewide R-PPO is "mapping" from R9896-012 to R7444-008. What does that mean in this context ? And does that mean I need to move my members that are in the R9896-012 R-PPO? Or will it be done automatically ? Thanks in advance for the help.

It means that UHC is enrolling ( " mapping" "crosswalking " ) your members who are enrolled in one of their plans that is terminating or consolidating in to another UHC plan for you.UHC does now offer AOR protection when your current member voluntarily switches to another UHC plan using UHC telesales however I don't believe this AOR protection applies if its an involuntary switch like this.

I believe yogooglethis has that right. They are going to crosswalk your little old ladies across the street to another plan without any regard for the Boy Scout who signed them up in the first place.

Thanks for the input. I reached out to my FMO before I posted and was told "Don't worry you will still be the AOR." But their track record isn't the best so I suspected they might not have a clue. From what you guys have said looks like I may be right. I have emailed UHC to see if I can get a clarification in writing, will post when I get an answer. If I'm not the AOR have a feeling lots of my members will be changing plans come AEP. Time consuming but guess just cost of being in the business I suppose.

----------

Here was the response from UHC:

When UnitedHealthcare says "mapped" that will happen automatically, you or the member is not required to do anything at that point. You will still remain Agent of Record and receive renewals as long as the member continues to remain active with us.

Guess I'll find out in January

Any time a carrier uses the words "automatic" and "don't worry" in the same sentence you might as well bend over.

2h7j7so.png

Back