COBRA

Lisa Mahoney

Hello,
My first payment with COBRA is due today. It is a Sunday. I was told when I called last week, that as long as my payment is postmarked by the due date, i would not have a problem. Being that the due date is a Sunday, will it be ok to be post marked tomorrow? I tried to pay online, i was unable to. Thanks

Hello,
My first payment with COBRA is due today. It is a Sunday. I was told when I called last week, that as long as my payment is postmarked by the due date, i would not have a problem. Being that the due date is a Sunday, will it be ok to be post marked tomorrow? I tried to pay online, i was unable to. Thanks

Usually cobra starts on 1st of month, but it could be 15th.

If so, then you have a couple more hours to buy Obamacare to stay insured as of oct 1st

Once you receive your COBRA notice you have 60 days to elect coverage; you have 45 days to pay your initial premium.

Premiums are retroactive to the first day of coverage plus another month. If your COBRA was effective May 1, you would owe premiums for May through September plus another for October. Going forward you pay on a monthly basis subject to normal grace periods.

You had 60 days from the loss of your group coverage to apply for an Obamacare plan. Given your narrative I presume that train left the station some time ago.

Back