Commissions Delayed....

That's the way Texas agents ended up as well, AllenChicago: statement posted on Friday at 10:18 a.m. and in the bank on Tuesday, 4/21/15. We are paid out of BCBSIL as well.

I think the only way to get paid the same week as statement generation is if the 15th falls on a Monday or Tuesday. Oh well, it could be worse. Our Land of Lincoln Co-op pays 2 months after the premiums are received.

It surprises me that BCBS-IL pays Texas agents. Whenever I've have a commission question, BCBS-IL Agent Services refers me to BCBS-TX, LOL.

Last month my BCBS was just sitting in the bank from the 17th and was released on the 20th. The bank said BCBS would not release it until then; BCBS said they don't put a hold on it and it was the bank. Does anyone know what they're doing anymore?

BCBS is far and away better than Cigna even with these little annoyances. Cigna pays twice a month. The first of the month is the commission on the portion of the premium the client pays ON Exchange. The second check of the month is the OFF Exchange business. They pay the subsidy portion of the premium when they are paid by government. It has been two months. And even if the money comes in from the government they have to 'play' with it two pay periods or so. They are really messing with us.

Cigna pays twice a month. The first of the month is the commission on the portion of the premium the client pays ON Exchange. The second check of the month is the OFF Exchange business. They pay the subsidy portion of the premium when they are paid by government. It has been two months. And even if the money comes in from the government they have to 'play' with it two pay periods or so. They are really messing with us.

CIGNA is one company that I never even hoped to see open it's health insurance doors in Illinois. Glad they stayed away. The bad-to-good news ratio for them since ObamaCare has been 500:1.

Cigna started out cutting their directory by 25% and creating a 'marketplace directory'. There was no warning; no announcement ... they just did it leaving everyone holding the bag with out-of-network claims. That was the first mess.

Cigna turned south in November 2015 as far as paying brokers. It seemed they pulled every trick in the book not to get brokers paid. I would not recommend them now.

Back