COPD

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I got a tentative offer from a carrier before submitting a $100, 000GUL on a 76 year old female. It has been postponed for 45 days not because of health, but due to the virus. Are any FE companies still issuing coverage at this age for someone with COPD? Her current term policy will renew in June at a substantial increase in premium so she needs something.

Fe wl?
Am memorial
Lbl and foresters std
Kskj std
Prosp graded
Sentinal graded
Amam rop

Who would issue a $100 k Gul on a 76 yr old with copd ? Hardly any fe co’s will take that level . It must be table 10 . That’s a big $ risk for a carrier .

I shopped the case before submitting and the carrier knew what to expect. The offer was much less than a Table 10 and the client accepted it so we proceeded. My case manager has been trying to obtain the APS for weeks and she had just got an invoice when the carrier decided to postpone for 45 days. The doctor charged over $500 for the records so we weren't sure the company would have paid that anyway. She needs coverage of some sort before her current term policy expires. Cost is not the issue. I think I saw where the max with AM is $15,000 for her age. Will have to look at Transamerica, LBL and Foresters too. Her husband called me this morning while I was fishing. He will take as much as I can get.

American Memorial will do 15,000 over the phone, Liberty Bankers you can get another 35,000...

Didn’t American Memorial raise there’s to $25,000 over the phone if you do a screen share?

Back